• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking to upgrade to a unlocked phone, need wifi calling...options?

I am looking to upgrade from my G'Nex to another unlocked phone, but I would really like one with wifi-calling...I am thinking along the lines of a nexus 5 level or up a little $350-400 range. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Otherwise looks like I will get a S4 or an G2 in the pay by the month club. :mad:

Nexus won't get you wifi calling, as it's not a T-Mobile branded device. Sadly, the same goes for the Moto X - and subsequently the Moto G as well. So there go all the devices that I would otherwise recommend :(

Of the remaining big options (HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, LG G2), I'd personally probably go for the G2 - but I really don't think you can go too horribly wrong with any of those top-three.

Reactions: new optimus
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones