• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking to upgrade

So I got the Virgin mobile HTC evo v for Christmas last year and the phone had GREATLY downgraded (Mediocre battery, lasts from about 7AM to 4 PM). I wanted the iPhone 4 last year for Christmas but decided to get the evo. Now Christmas is coming again (I upgrade every Christmas) and now that virgin has LTE, I'm tempted to get the optimus F3. I've heard great battery life reviews about it. However I've only used iOS on my iPod touch 4G. So the question is iPhone 4 or optimus F3?

I'd likely get the F3 over the iPhone 4, for the simple reason (ignoring OS differences) that the F3 will get LTE. As others have mentioned, the S3 is worth the extra money, if you can afford it.

Though, if you are switching phones, you might also want to look at plans from T-Mobile and various GSM MVNO's that might work well in your area. You will have a greater selection of phones to choose from, and likely better overall data speeds (particularly non-LTE speeds). T-Mobile's cheapest plan starts at $30, MetroPCS (if available in your area) has plans starting at $40, and various MVNO's have prices in the $45-$50 range for "unlimited" plans.

Upvote 0
Me and my fiance have been with virgin mobile for years now, and at the present we both have htc evo v 3d's, and within the next 3 months were deciding to upgrade, BUT it seems the GS3 is the best phone available ATM. Is there any word of an S4 on VM? If it means waiting a little longer for the best we will, I want THE BEST phone available, so that next year or so we won't be running an old device compared to what's available. Any thoughts on the subject? Money isn't an issue in my case. Ty in advance for any time spent on my behalf.

Upvote 0
No. If the S4 comes to Virgin, my guess would be sometime next year, probably around the time Samsung releases the upgrade to the S4. There might be another high end phone(s) from a different manufacturer between now and that point, but the S3 is great, far superior to the EVO, which was my previous phone.There might be sales on the S3 for the holidays, but I definitely would go for it, if I were you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones