• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking to use case and dock

TRSN

Jul 22, 2010
i just picked up the dock for the Charge and love it. can alternate between clock mode and normal operation, while charging the battery, as well as a spare battery. I also picked up the car dock so i can use as GPS.

I would like to get a case for the Charge, but understand the case will have to come off every time i want to dock it, as well as every time i use the Charge car dock as well. So, i am looking for a balance for protection and ease to take on and off. Really like the Otterbox Commuter, but not sure if taking on / off will get old or decrease the life of it.

Thoughts?

I believe that is correct that the case would have to come off each time... I've been struggling with what to do with mine because of that. Really like the Otter Box cases as well, but don't want to fight with it every time I have to swap batteries.

Had a 2-piece snap on case for it and stopped using it because it was a pain to change batteries...

Upvote 0
Had a 2-piece snap on case for it and stopped using it because it was a pain to change batteries...

You raise a good point. My wife had a 2 piece snap on case on her Samsung Epic. I took it off in literally 5 seconds when I swapped out her battery. Perhaps the 2 piece is the way to go, since I imagine it will be easier to remove than the otterbox.

Ok - any recommendations on 2 piece case?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones