• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lookout Mobile security failing 100%

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Recently, after using this app for years with no problem, it stopped being able to locate devices or make them "scream"
Then when trying to upgrade to premium hoping that would help, it would not let me do so. saying "your email and password do not match" which is usually a sign-IN as opposed to a sign-UP prompt, when lets you select the password.
Nor would it let me delete the account
So I tried signing back in with old account, and then got a "sorry we're having trouble connecting with our servers" error message.
So, lookout mobile security won't work, can't upgrade, won't allow me to sign up for a new account and can't delete the account.
It makes me think that maybe their company is having problems, or maybe has been the victim of a DOS attack.
Note: This behavior is consistent with all my devices, two google Pixel 6 Pro's two Amazon HD fire tablets, and am iPhone 10.
If anyone has any ideas on how to approach this dilemma I'd be grateful, for advice.
Thanks!

Just made it to the signup page in their website went through the process only to be told "we can't accept payments now"
WTH?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dumped Lookout so long ago I don't even remember when. Most Android devices have a "find my phone" feature if lost; and the risk of getting malware is remote unless you're installing lots of APKs from questionable sources. I ended up getting rid of Malwarebytes, too, because it was conflicting with things and just not worth the money.

Upvote 0
I am with you guys on that. Its just that Outlook has this "scream" function that makes a loud siren noise even with the ringer off which was perfect for helping my perpetually phone-losing relative find their phone wherever they left it last.
But, I cancelled my subscription last night anyway due to all the trouble.

Upvote 0
I am with you guys on that. Its just that Outlook has this "scream" function that makes a loud siren noise even with the ringer off which was perfect for helping my perpetually phone-losing relative find their phone wherever they left it last.
But, I cancelled my subscription last night anyway due to all the trouble.
you mean Lookout....i think....LOL

find my device by google has a ring function as well, but it is not a scream.....LOL should be loud enough and will also work even if it is on silent or airplane mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones