1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lookout Security

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by semus, Apr 17, 2012.

1. semus

semus Android Enthusiast

Heya,
    i had this app installed since i got the phone, and lately its been keeping my phone awake and draining my battery, so i removed it.
    just wondering how important it is?
    I had it almost since i got the phone, so i dont know how it is without it,
    do you guys think its an important app?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Depends on how paranoid about security you are. They are not critically important apps.

BTW there are very good alternative security apps which are not resource hogs.
    I personally use Avast! mobile security, it's a free app and has one of the best theft securities i have seen, it's a complete security package and best part is that it's not a resource hog. But to be able to enjoy all of it's benefits you need a rooted phone though it's not required to be rooted for most of the options.

Pawlu00 likes this.
  3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I would recommend AVG and Android Lost.

4. Pawlu00

Pawlu00 Lurker

Forbidden 403, to use anti theft on avast do i need to root my phone? And what exactly does root the phone means ?
    Thanks

5. Forbidden 403

@Pawlu00
    No you don't need root access to use that app, but there are certain advanced features in the app which shall be available only if you have root access.
    For example, if you have root you can set it up in such a way that even on formatting the phone the thief won't get rid of the app and you can track it.
    But most of the features shall work even without root.

For more details regarding rooting refer to the following guide.
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root Guide

6. Pawlu00

Pawlu00 Lurker

@ forbidden 403
    thanks for your previous comment. Can you please guide me in activating anti theft, because every time i try to do it, it says "setup will need to access non Android-Market download locations. Please enable installation of non-market apps in your system settings" and advises to open my settings and got lost :S. Currently using ICS
    Thanks

7. dapsonddroid

dapsonddroid Newbie

i do use the avast security..its really cool app..for most of the features u don't need need to be rooted..it even sends messages from the thefts phone to ur trusted numbers (believe me i tripped check.) if it prompted u to do that the go to settings > applications > then u thick unknown source..i am not sure it asked me for that when i installed mine..make sure u are not downloading the pirated version.

Forbidden 403 likes this.
  8. Forbidden 403

@Pawlu00 dapsonddroid gave the gave the answer
    go to settings -> security -> (scroll down) make sure "Unknown sources" is ticked
    here is a screenshot of the same
    [​IMG]

Pawlu00 likes this.
  9. Pawlu00

Pawlu00 Lurker

thanks alot :)

10. dapsonddroid

dapsonddroid Newbie

where is my thank u @Pawluoo (joking) ..glad i could be of help

11. Forbidden 403

There you go, Thanks on my behalf too :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews