• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like HTC is starting to build a little hype

Yup - got an M8 and contract is due for renewal end of March. It still works really well but is getting a bit tatty. I just hope the M10 is a bigger jump than the M9 was (I've been lucky on my 2 year contract cycle so far - went Desire, One X then M8 and missed the odd-year semi-upgrades)

Upvote 0
We've had every HTC phone since the EVO. Going from the 8 to the 9 was a mistake. Wasn't happy and now I don't know what to do but I am looking at the Samsung 7 Edge. I certainly won't get an iphone, I love Android I am still deciding what to do. The 8 was a step up from the 7 but I could of stuck with my 8 and not bothered with the 9.

Upvote 0
Well I am excited now I keep going to forums and watching videos and the Galaxy S7 Edge is going to be a great phone have a better camera than what we have now. But I am going to miss a few things one being FM Tuner, front speakers, and double tap to turn on I am used to that and love that feature on my Nexus tablet. I don't know if my Samsung will have this but now when I scroll down my notifications one of my toggles is screenshot and it just makes it easier to do a screen shot and i use that all the time. I am glad the S7 Edge will have themes and the edge features seem cool so I am sure I will find alot I like about the edge. But I needed a bigger screen phone and I am not a fan of the big notes. I actually liked the S6 Edge Plus last year and that made me want a bigger screen phone. Between the 6 and 6 edge I wouldn't waste the extra $100 bucks same screen size but now on the 7 it's 5'1 verses 5'5 which isn't much difference from our M9 5" but it's a 1/2 an inch and a better phone all around. I hope the sound is loud and the camera is as good as people say it is.

If I knew for sure HTC's new phone would be at least a 5.5" with the same great speakers as the 8 and a much better camera I would consider waiting but time for something new.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones