• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like SGSII is finally coming to U.S

If this report is to be believed. I thought it would be AT&T first though. If this is true, then Verizon Function is not far away. :)

AndroidSPIN AS Exlusive: Sprint Source Confirms Late July Release for the Samsung Within (Galaxy S 2)

that's really cool! sorta makes me wish i had waited, but at the same time it doesn't. i still would've had to pay full price for the device (i was on a family plan). on top of that, i can confirm that AT$T's network is better for me than Sprint in my specific area. i had an iPhone 3G/3GS and was extremely happy with the service. then i got my Evo and all sorts of weird crap would happen like it would take a crap ton of rings on the other end of the person calling before it rang once on my end and lots of the time text messages would come to me out of order...

none of these network issues at all on AT$T or any network issues at all to be honest. certainly happy with my switch :)

great news for those that love Sprint!!!

Upvote 0
Note that external factors (i.e. the Apple lawsuit) could be delaying things. In late May, Apple got a court order demanding that they be allowed to inspect a number of upcoming Samsung devices (including the SGS2). If I were a US carrier, I wouldn't even consider rolling out the SGS2 until that court order is satisfied or overturned, if for no other reason than to not piss off Apple to the point where they won't let me sell any iPhones or iPads.

Upvote 0
They need to hurry up and get the damn thing out, else the Evo 3D (June 24) and other big dual core competitors are going to beat them to the punch and steal a lot of sales.

Hopefully that late July rumor is true.

Well if this is indication of how Evo3D will perform, SGSII has nothing to worry about even if it comes later than Evo3D. Spec wise, Evo3D is nearly idential to Sensation except that it has 3D features.

HTC Sensation 4G for T-Mobile benchmark tests - Phone Arena

Upvote 0
350 will be a little hard for me to swallow, but maybe 300 is fine. Sprint is getting Evo3D near end of June. So I can see them split to Evo3D fanatics and SGSII fans. But Verizon doesn't have anything that can hold up against SGSII right now.

It's $350 before Mail-in Rebate so it will really be $200-$250 (Most likely $250) so really its in about the same price range as every other android phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones