• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like the 30fps cap may be lifted possibly tomorrow OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated manually through the updates on the phone about an hour ago here in Orange County, Ca. I agree with everything everyone has said of this update with the uncapping of the FPS. It feels great. BUT, an interesting part of my process was right after the update and install...it felt real sluggish...even after 15-30mins. I did linpack and my score was a whopping 2.114 MFLOPS. All of the scores for linpack were right around there...did more benchmarks, like neocore, quadrant, fps, etc and it seemed to be on par with what i was getting before. I rebooted and let the phone sit after a while after the discouraging linpack scores and sluggish navigation. Came back, did some navigating and then it finally set in with how it is suppose to run. Smoooooth. I did linpack again and got 32-33 MFLOPS but havent hit my highest from before which was 35+ MFLOPS. I'm sure the benchmark will hit sooner or later but just a heads up for anyone that gets the same performance after the update. Do not get discouraged, give the phone some time to settle and you'll see the benefits of the update.

Upvote 0
From Jefferson City, MO and I am able to get the update. But I have only one problem, I have a rooted Unrevoked 3.21 Evo. I got the root because it was EXTREMELY easy to do but on the other hand, it is also the hardest root/ jailbreak/ or whatever you want to call it. I came from being a big Apple fanboy to LOVING my Evo and Google for the amazing work they put into the OS. I am used to being able to jailbreak my phone and then when an update comes along, I can just install the update and re-jailbreak my phone once again (given that the jailbreak method caught up with the new OS release, of course). But back to the story, since I have this easy root, I can't seem to update the OTA or the downloaded version from the internet and install from the SD card. I love tech and learning to hack the mobile OS but I am also not knowledgeable enough to understand rooting and installing custom ROMs with the correct updated radios. That sounds like a lot of work to have a "clean," "less bloated" OS. Though it is true, for some it works and for some Unrevoked works too. But my question is this: I use a root for wireless hotspot tethering but I want to have the update. Can I actually uninstall the root update the new OTA and then root again, even if that means I have to wait for another root method to pop up? Please do not comment without an answer... nothing nice to say, don't say it at all... I have scoured Google search, Androidforum.com, androidcentral, evo4gforum.net, etc. It seems there is a method out there but it is illusive and unclear. People are saying to uninstall the root and reboot. <--- WHAT!? Its not an app, its not listed in the file system, and I can't find any useful options in the SuperUser app. Help me please! For those irritated by my question I'll just say it first, I know I am not a REAL hacker or anything. I just wanted ONE benefit of rooting (tether), other than that I am fine. If there is another thread, please link it to me and not tell me to go look elsewhere. I would not be here asking for help unless I could not find it out myself. I hate that I am needing help but I would appreciate the help all the same. Thank you all.

If I update I will definitely leave feedback in the forum for good advice to others that might share my same misfortune.

-Ben :thinking:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones