• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like Verizon is stripping Amazon from our Note 4's this week

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
Looks like VZW is finally listening to me a little bit, I hate the Amazon crap apps....
I have them all blocked...

There is a claim of improving Security? not telling me how, beefing up Knox I suppose qualifies for that?

The other stuff they hint at, is fluff, will have to troll all over the damn phone to see what, if anything, was changed. I hate the way Verizon never, ever, gives us full disclosure about anything.

. VZW removes Amazon.png

Last edited:
Well, they might have taken out a couple of Amazon crapware apps, but they left in Amazon Store, Kindle Reader, and Amazon Music so I turned all of those off with
* Package Disabler Pro for Samsung

and something I don't like..... Package Disabler used to work in Landscape Mode, and now today, it don't.
I can't read the full definition of the app names.

I also noted that they re-enabled all of the apps that I had turned off before.

Reactions: javamann
Upvote 0
Well, they might have taken out a couple of Amazon crapware apps, but they left in Amazon Store, Kindle Reader, and Amazon Music so I turned all of those off with
* Package Disabler Pro for Samsung

and something I don't like..... Package Disabler used to work in Landscape Mode, and now today, it don't.
I can't read the full definition of the app names.

I also noted that they re-enabled all of the apps that I had turned off before.

Thanks for the UPDATES.

For some reason, my disabled apps stayed disabled after the update from Verizon a couple days ago. I have many disabled apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones