• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looky here.....N1 coming to sprint afterall

I just got the Hero a few months back (I was forced too, my old phone had died, and I was 2 months away from my 2 year upgrade, so I got the Hero for the full upgrade discounted price). My plan was actually going to be: keep my old phone until as long as I could stand it, and then wait and check rumor websites and hope for the latest and greatest.

I hear about the SS and the N1, and it almost makes me wish my other phone lasted a little longer so I could have purchased one of these. BUT... I really do love the Hero, and I think it is the perfect size for a phone. The only downers about the other ones is their size. Possibly NOT pocket-able?

Upvote 0
I just got the Hero a few months back (I was forced too, my old phone had died, and I was 2 months away from my 2 year upgrade, so I got the Hero for the full upgrade discounted price). My plan was actually going to be: keep my old phone until as long as I could stand it, and then wait and check rumor websites and hope for the latest and greatest.

I hear about the SS and the N1, and it almost makes me wish my other phone lasted a little longer so I could have purchased one of these. BUT... I really do love the Hero, and I think it is the perfect size for a phone.

This is my EXACT situation! One month ago I was forced to get a new phone 2 months before my 2 yr contract was up because my beloved Treo literally fell apart. :(

Upvote 0

I hear about the SS and the N1, and it almost makes me wish my other phone lasted a little longer so I could have purchased one of these. BUT... I really do love the Hero, and I think it is the perfect size for a phone. The only downers about the other ones is their size. Possibly NOT pocket-able?

I'll co-sign on this. I REALLY like the size of the Hero. Small enough form factor to fit nicely in the hand, yet a screen size that's easily readable. And now that I'm rooted and running the android 2.1 based DamageControl ROM, the performance is excellent (actually Fresh was pretty good too, but DC is even better). I have a co-worker that's on T-Mobile who is strongly considering getting the N1. If he does I can compare sizes, but I'm fairly certain I will still prefer the Hero. In fact, I would even consider the Legend (which is basically the Hero 2). The added performance boost of android 2.1 mixed with a faster processor (and I believe an amoled screen) should make for a really nice phone.

I do love that Sprint will be offering the larger phones though.

Upvote 0
That supersonic looks delicate... I'd be afraid to snap it in half or something. Yikes!

It does? Looks fine to me

mwc14.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones