• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looky who's entering the marketplace

I wish them the best of luck and hope that they bring innovation to the table. Unfortunately momentum lost is almost impossible to regain and mozilla has lost almost all of its momentum. I don't see them regaining lost market share. The best case scenario is to slow the decline already in progress. I can't imagine how with such limited resources they can expect to launch another mobile platform and be successful. Palm had way more going for it and we know how webos turned out. Heck, look at what ms is having to do to get any traction with their mobile business. On the browser side, I don't think it was the lack of apps that caused the tech savvy to abandon firefox. Clunky overly complicated ui combined with messy unstable code did that.

Upvote 0
If I recall, adobe isn't eliminating flash right away. I read somewhere that it was like, they were still supporting current platforms until 2015 or something like that. By then people will be on Windows 10.3, mac OS X house cat, and running Super Debian.

Now, that site could easily be wrong. I think HTML5 is gonna kick it into high gear. MS has what, somewhere around 90% desktop market share, we can assume that say, half of them use IE (probably more), so that's 45%, and out of that percent, probably quite a large number of people who are used to having flash video. I'd guess that those sites will be like, "Hey, check it out, HTML5 has videos!!!".

I made up all those stats, its 2am. ;)

Upvote 0
Hate to say it but there should be some sort of rules, if you build your brand or program to the level flash is; making it the standard device it is, can't do anything online without it, you can't yank the rug out on everyone.

Your own fault for success, to big to fail, to big to bar use.

I know that won't go over well ^

Also I think Mozilla is making a smart move, we could use another top brand name market you can trust. We got 999 shady ones. I don't even like Amazon the way it works. [only from the free app of the day does anyone visit]

plus so many are just getting into the smart phone thing.

adobe is gonna ruin flash
mozilla market will be a hit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones