1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Loopt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andyo70, Dec 5, 2010.

1. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Male
    Bum. LOL!
    Glassboro, NJ
    Can someone post up Loopt from the system/app folder? Have everything backed up but that. Forgot to save it to SD before deleting. TIA.

Advertisement

2. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    metro Atlanta area

Just download and install again. It's free in the Android Market.

www.loopt.com/android

Several of the apps are like that. They just came pre-installed for convenience.

3. Pre-installed for convenience, installed in /System/Apps/ for a pain in my "backside".

I can understand having the Metro App store pre installed in the /system/apps/ where users could not uninstall it. But all the downloadable apps are forced on you as well?

This is BS and we should all file a complaint, I already have.

4. LMMFAO!!!well said mike!!!

maczdroid likes this.
  5. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    metro Atlanta area
    some are pre-installed and "protected" because Metro gets a cut from the money. You sign up for Boingo, which is a subscription service, and I'm pretty sure Metro gets some kind of commission or at least a huge finder's fee. Therefore they don't want you to remove that program... Same with the free games which aren't free, the MyExtras which just seem to be extra ads in your face.

Happens also with PC manufacturers and all the trialware/crapware they install on the desktop of new computers. But at least you can uninstall that.

Tags: