• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

loose battery cover?

zim2704

Nov 5, 2009
Just an update if you have a loose battery cover email motorola and explain you have a droid with a loose battery cover and they will fed-ex one out. I emailed them about 7days ago explained that i bought a droid and it has a loose battery cover and just received my replacement cover today. Very fast and responsive service if you ask me.

i noticed mine would come off all the time. very easily.
but i got the blodyglove skin for it, so it doesnt come off anymore.

I didnt know they'd replace it the cover. i might call them, since its not normal.
That would be great, accept then the phone doesn't fit in the vehicle mount and I use mine in the vehicle mount every day. It sucks because there is no reason they should have released the phone with a battary cover that doesn't stay in place. I guess Motorola's quality hasn't gotten any better in the 5 years since my last phone

Upvote 0
wow HAHAHA didn't know my video would get so popular it's being linked on other sites lol.
thanks for making it. seems like a lot of people are returning droid after droid for every little issue, and half the time ending up with another droid with a different little issue. if ppl can just do a quick fix, would save them a lot of hassle.

Upvote 0
thanks for making it. seems like a lot of people are returning droid after droid for every little issue, and half the time ending up with another droid with a different little issue. if ppl can just do a quick fix, would save them a lot of hassle.
i agree i'd rather bend a little piece a "tiny" bit then return and chance getting a phone with a wobbly screen!!

Upvote 0
I just wrote a message to Motorola a couple days ago and received a new battery cover from them today. It has a larger "pad" inside the cover, the notch that clicks in is bigger and the 4 prongs are bent out a little bit. It was actually quite difficult to put on, but once it was on there it def isn't coming off very easily. Nice work by Motorola.

Upvote 0
Just an update if you have a loose battery cover email motorola and explain you have a droid with a loose battery cover and they will fed-ex one out. I emailed them about 7days ago explained that i bought a droid and it has a loose battery cover and just received my replacement cover today. Very fast and responsive service if you ask me.

So what email address did you use?

My cover fell of tonight - it wasn't as tight as I wanted, but I didn't realize it was that loose.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones