• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loose charging port. Phone wont charge

mjwj0624

Lurker
Feb 14, 2012
I got this one sv for about a year now and about 1 1/2 months ago my phone started not to charge. I went to radioshack and the guy said I had a loose charging port. If i want to charge my phone, its takes usually 30min+ to have it sitting in a perfect position to charge. Usually there has to be some type of pressure or force on the male part of charger. So usually I just sit something on the male port and let the phone hang off the edge and that usually does the trick. Either way I got a phone that has an extreme difficulty to charge and I need help.

all it took was a little bit of imagination. First I imagined that my own charge port was loose, then I imagined how angry I would be about having to set it exactly right every time. Then I imagined the solution!

First , I don't care what Radioshack says, (if you can afford ) a new power cord might fix the problem (I've had the same problem with a different device, New cord fixed 100% of problems... Twice)

Second, a duct tape diaper for your cord (poke hole in back of tape , slide slide the cord through and secure the tape when in charging position) may not be a perfect solution but it may take some of the MacGuyvering out of charging your phone.

Third, I assume it's a soldering process of some kind, but I don't know. There is a local shop that advertises a procedure called "secure you charge port" (no other details like price or anything) so I assume that it can be soldered and or fixed at the local store. And yes I do know that fly in the face of such forums, but a fix is a fix :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones