1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Loose edging around glass screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmette, Jun 7, 2011.

1. tmette

tmette Member
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    IT
    Illinois
    I am totally in love with this phone, a huge upgrade over my original Moto Droid. I got it yesterday through a store here in town that is an authorized seller of Verizon phones. They told me I had 15 days to exchange it if I didn't like it, 5 days if I didnt' want to pay a restocking fee.

My only grip is that on the bottom right edge, right where I hold the phone all the time..the edge seems a little loose around the screen. So whenever teh slightest bit of pressure is on it, you can hear this little click or popping sound. It's faint, but it's there enough to be an annoyance. Should I bring it back and ask them to swap it out? I'll feel like a picky idiot though since it's such a minor complaint. Anyone else do this before? I'm assuming they will swap it out no questions asked for a different one?

Advertisement

2. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert
    None

May 18, 2010
    Topeka, KS
    I think that click is the battery cover. Mine does this same thing. I'll bet every phone does it. My old Incredible had a similar spot on the battery cover. A case, of course, solves the problem.

3. tmette

tmette Member
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    IT
    Illinois
    Well I just now popped off the battery door to see if it still made the noise and it's still there. So I'm guessing the fitting around my phone just isn't right. I'm going to go back tomorrow...they even over-charged me.

This wasn't through an actual Verizon store, but an authorized reseller. They charged me $300 for the phone with a new 2 year contract. Now, I know they can sell the phone at their own price, but their own website even says $249. Taking this back tomorrow to see if they can exchange it and credit me $50.

4. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    I had the exact same problem. I called CS and was able to get a new device.

5. snoopy2699

snoopy2699 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Never mind. Saw a thread about the clear coat on kickstand issue.