• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Loose Micro USB Cable

kellte2

May 2, 2010
Is anyone having problems with the stock micro USB charger. It seems like the metal plug is extremely loose on mine. The rubber doesn't seem to be gripping the plug very strongly and the gold pins inside of the connection are able to move around. This causes a bad charge connection for the phone if the cable is slightly pressed up.

The phone hasn't been dropped and the internal connection on the handset is solid - so it appears like the cable is the culprit. Any chance I could get sprint to replace the cable? I have a longer one on the way from Monoprice just in case...

Is anyone having problems with the stock micro USB charger. It seems like the metal plug is extremely loose on mine. The rubber doesn't seem to be gripping the plug very strongly and the gold pins inside of the connection are able to move around. This causes a bad charge connection for the phone if the cable is slightly pressed up.

The phone hasn't been dropped and the internal connection on the handset is solid - so it appears like the cable is the culprit. Any chance I could get sprint to replace the cable? I have a longer one on the way from Monoprice just in case...

Mine snaps in firmly, but does have a little wiggle room side to side. Do you have a spare cable? If not, take it to Sprint and have them check it for you.

Upvote 0
I tried to give my free Bluetooth headset back to the Best Buy rep (I already have the O ROKRs!) and he said he would feel bad taking it and didn't want it back. LOL! I researched it when I got home, it's like last year's model. Thanks Best Buy! I guess they competed with Radio Shack though as RS gave out a $30 gift card along with the phone. My new BT headset is sitting in my closet still packaged up, likely to be regifted some day.. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones