1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Loose screen connector?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ramzess, May 31, 2011.

1. Ramzess

Ramzess Lurker
    None

May 31, 2011
    Shift manager
    Southampton, UK
    Hi guys,

Sometimes when I press power on button on my HTC desire nothing else
    but back-light for keys lights up. Screen stays blank.
    All that needs to be done is a tap on back of the phone (~2cm above "WITH HTC SENSE") and screen goes on. Sometimes I squeeze it a little or twist it on opposite corners and it goes on. Seems that there is a loose connection somewhere inside.
    I am not sure if I should try to open it. I don't have any warranty anymore.

Anybody had this issue before?

Mind you it is almost 6 month I have it, but I usually keep it in my jeans in front pocket and it probably bends a little and gets squeezed ever so slightly...

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Janis

Advertisement

2. Gavincol78

Gavincol78 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    Southampton, UK
    I would like to know as well as I have similar problems but more likely to happen approx 60-65% battery life

3. Ramzess

Ramzess Lurker
    None

May 31, 2011
    Shift manager
    Southampton, UK
    Well in my case it happens/can happen any time. in fact, I can twist it a little and screen will go black, then twist it again and it will go on again. Certainly feels like loose connection somewhere. Question is - where?

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Why not, did you take it to a non HTC service centre to get something replaced?

5. kiwican

kiwican Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    I hope someone can help. My screen turns on as its boots up albeit all grain and then when it's ready to go. Screen goes black. But when I squeeze it on the edges it comes back just fine. Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a screw that needs tightening? I miss my tablet.:(

6. virens

virens Lurker
    None

Dec 18, 2011
    Pretty much the same problem here: the backlight can turn off any time (even on 98% of charge). This affects only blacklight of the screen: haptic icons at the bottom keep shining. I can see what happens on the screen if I take the phone under some bright light source (e.g., lamp).

Indeed, this is a connection problem somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Squeezing the corners of the phone a bit usually helps and the backlight turns on. Can turn on after random pressing on/off button.

However, usually it does not happen when the phone is connected to the charger - which is strange. I think that the problem might be in the battery cover - maybe it is a bit loose and the power is just insufficient for the backlight to shine?!

Tags: