• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help loosing ringer/notification

reddragon72

Mar 1, 2010
For some reason my ringer and notifications become disabled. Volume all the way up and not sounds from the ringer or email or system items. I can try and pick another sound but it never plays. Also the media is fine, music and videos all play fine. Only way I have found to get it back is to reboot the phone. Not sure if a program is causing it, but it is driving me up the wall and only happens every so often and it is not from a program I am running cause it is very random, and no one program causes it. Has anyone else run across this?

For some reason my ringer and notifications become disabled. Volume all the way up and not sounds from the ringer or email or system items. I can try and pick another sound but it never plays. Also the media is fine, music and videos all play fine. Only way I have found to get it back is to reboot the phone. Not sure if a program is causing it, but it is driving me up the wall and only happens every so often and it is not from a program I am running cause it is very random, and no one program causes it. Has anyone else run across this?

I have similar problem.
My alarm doesnt turn on (no matter what do I do). It doesn't even show anything so I have no just sound missing.
Do either of you have the dock by chance? Just a guess.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have dock.
I'll try that thing with task killer. I just didn't think that could affect that.
This is just a guess, but I've had it happen a few times and I feel like it might be related to the dock. I have the phone set to output audio through the dock. The few times this happened it was after I had been using the dock. I just wonder if it confuses the phone as to audio output after removed from the dock. Just a wild guess.

Reactions: Air Force One
Upvote 0
Sorry about not posting back sooner. No dock here. I have only had BT on once to pair a BT headset but it sucked. I also got rid of Taskkiller and no change as it happened again on Sunday afternoon. I am rewinding through apps to soo if one of then has some hold on that function, but so far none of them say that they changed the ringer volume.

Upvote 0
I lost my ringtones for specific people yesterday that I had set. I couldnt understand that when I would get calls from them it would only vibrate.

When I went to check their personal ringtone settings there was nothing listed, not even default.

Reset them and they have been working since.

Upvote 0
This is just a guess, but I've had it happen a few times and I feel like it might be related to the dock. I have the phone set to output audio through the dock. The few times this happened it was after I had been using the dock. I just wonder if it confuses the phone as to audio output after removed from the dock. Just a wild guess.

This happens to me every day and I noticed its only when I use the dock. It doesn't happen every time I dock the phone but its definitely the dock. When it happens and I go to settings for notifications and try to pick a new sound, the phone crashes and usually doesn't recover. Any ideas??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones