• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loses signal, regains immediately

Along the same lines, my phone constantly flips between 3g and 1x even in areas of perfect signal. I have done a lot of searches on this subject and I've found lots of people with the same problem, but none with a solution. As best I can tell, it seems to be a Motorola thing. HTC doesn't seem to have the same issue. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
If you are in a 3g area and you're constantly flipping between 3g and 1x, that's very unusual. It only happens to me in places where 3g is light or unavailable. If other phones are getting 3g in your area, so should you. If you've already done a roaming update, then call verizon. This should not be happening.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, stopped into the VZW store tonight. After some time with tech support, they are recalling my phone. Seems they think my antena is messed up or something. They have had to call a few back because of this. They also asked if it switched from 3g to 1x, and mine does inside a city with full signal. Turns out they have some with this issue. So sad, Im gonna miss my little fella. The replacement shows up on Thursday. I hope this refurb isn't a POS!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, stopped into the VZW store tonight. After some time with tech support, they are recalling my phone. Seems they think my antena is messed up or something. They have had to call a few back because of this. They also asked if it switched from 3g to 1x, and mine does inside a city with full signal. Turns out they have some with this issue. So sad, Im gonna miss my little fella. The replacement shows up on Thursday. I hope this refurb isn't a POS!

This is what I thought. I thought it was a hardware issue. Don't worry, most phones are fantastic. You'll get a good one. If not, I'll knock a few heads together for you at Verizon. ;) :p

Reactions: FirebirdStud
Upvote 0
This is what I thought. I thought it was a hardware issue. Don't worry, most phones are fantastic. You'll get a good one. If not, I'll knock a few heads together for you at Verizon. ;) :p
HAHAHA cool, Ill let you know how the new phone goes tomorrow. :D
Im excited, but at the same time Im a little sad, as I feel like Im losing my little buddy. My Droid has been so good to me, and Im just replacing him.. poor little fella.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones