• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Losing all widgets on start up

I just upgraded to the Atrix HD from the Atrix 2, and so far I think I'm happy with the switch. The battery life is abysmal, though I already ordered the razr battery to take care of that.

One thing I can't figure out is that every time I restart my phone (either by powering it down or running out of battery) all my widgets are gone. It happens with all third party widgets (the Circles widget that comes stock remains). The third party widgets I'm using are HD widgets, Beautiful Widgets, and PowerAmp. It happens on both the stock launcher and ADW Ex launcher.

Any ideas?

After doing a search, it's suggested that you look to see if your apps are installed in the media area. If they are, then this is a possible cause for your issue.

Not sure I understand. How do I determine that? Use the file manager to see if the apps are there? Where should they be stored if that's the case?
Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
I have had issues with Beautiful Widgets on mt Atrix 2.....I don't use it anymore. I know that doesn't help your issue, but maybe we aren't the only ones with BW issues.

What are the pros/cons ofAtrix HD vs Atrix 2....I'm thinking of making the same upgrade.

Also, did you take advantage of the $100 from Motorola when you upgraded? If you don't plan to keep your Atrix 2, it's not a bad deal.

Upvote 0
I also have problems with my Atrix HD since I upgraded to Android 4.1.1 I used Beautiful Widgets and Swiftkey keyboard. After rebooting my widgets disappeared and my keyboard would go back to the stock one. I finally found an answer at Swiftkey's website. They said that the way that Android 4.1.1 was set up on the phone, it wouldn't let any aftermarket software replace the stock, so you had to turn it on again after rebooting. They said that it was fixed in 4.1.2 which does us no good. Sorry for the long answer, but unless we get another update, there is no word around as of yet that I know of.

Upvote 0
I have had issues with Beautiful Widgets on mt Atrix 2.....I don't use it anymore. I know that doesn't help your issue, but maybe we aren't the only ones with BW issues.

What are the pros/cons ofAtrix HD vs Atrix 2....I'm thinking of making the same upgrade.

Also, did you take advantage of the $100 from Motorola when you upgraded? If you don't plan to keep your Atrix 2, it's not a bad deal.

I like the HD much better than the Atrix 2 (except I like the size of the A2 better). The HD is faster with a better looking screen. I switched out the battery with the one from the Razr Maxx, and battery life has been great. Overall happy with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones