• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Losing charge while plugged in

I am having battery issues while on ac power, I need some help.troubleshooting to figure out what is going on. While on ac power, I will look and see that my phone is fully charged, while still plugged in, I will use my phone (normal usage, just basic internetting and facebooking) About ten minutes later I will notice that I have lost battery charge and I am around 80%, but still charging. I checked system panel and it all looks normal. I checked battery status and nothing jumps out except for the loss in charge. This has happened a few times already. Any thoughts?

Are you using the charger cable that came with the phone or a different one?

I had chargers left over from my enV and tried to use them. They're a different voltage and wouldn't charge the phone. Sure, it looked like it was charging when plugged in but it wasn't.

I also found out that you can't charge the phone from your computer's USB port. It shows the same thing - charging when it's not actually charging.

Upvote 0
[General] Mayhem;2058578 said:
I also found out that you can't charge the phone from your computer's USB port. It shows the same thing - charging when it's not actually charging.

I charge mine everyday from my computers usb port.

As for the question may be a bad battery I stream pandora surf a little net and fb play some games some times and my charge goes up.... I does this everyday.

Upvote 0
[General] Mayhem;2058578 said:

I charge mine everyday from my computers usb port.

In an effort to reconcile these statements, remember that a USB port will provide much less power---it's much easier to use more than you're gaining from USB. The wall charger that comes with the phone is higher current (1A) and will charge faster. I'd be very surprised if you could drain faster than the 1A charges.

Upvote 0
In an effort to reconcile these statements, remember that a USB port will provide much less power---it's much easier to use more than you're gaining from USB. The wall charger that comes with the phone is higher current (1A) and will charge faster. I'd be very surprised if you could drain faster than the 1A charges.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Well, not in this case at least. :)

I also want to point out that the charger I had left over from my enV2 was made by Emerson. It had a higher current than the one that came with my Ally.

It too would not charge my Ally and acted the same way as the USB cable did for me.

I think I threw it out but can look for it in case anyone's looking to buy a non-OEM charger as a back up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones