1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Losing control with Netflix and YouTube after sleep

Discussion in 'Chromecast' started by EarlyMon, Oct 22, 2013.

1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Mr. Link and la sal like this.
  2. la sal

la sal Android Expert

I have noticed when my phone goes to sleep, I will lose ability to control whatever I am playing (Netflix, HuluPlus, etc.). It becomes a real bitch to try to pause or stop the movie.

When I unlock the phone, I hit pause and it takes me to my security password. After entering my security password, it takes me to the app. The Now Playing option is gone and there is no way to bring it back up without exiting the app several times. The security password must be what is causing this.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I don't have any security on mine.

For me it doesn't happen 100% of the time - but far majority on Netflix.

la sal likes this.
  4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Yeah, I have this issue on mine sometimes too. Pretty much only with Netflix, but I don't tend to use YouTube with it that often.

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast

I don't use Netflix, bit I've recently started having trouble with Play Music. I'm not sure if the problem is with the app on my phone or with the chrome cast. During playback, it isn't advancing to the next track in the album/playlist/radio. The chrome cast displays spinning loading circle, but doesn't play the next track until I wake up my phone and click the next track.

-SF

EarlyMon likes this.