• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Losing control with Netflix and YouTube after sleep

I have noticed when my phone goes to sleep, I will lose ability to control whatever I am playing (Netflix, HuluPlus, etc.). It becomes a real bitch to try to pause or stop the movie.

When I unlock the phone, I hit pause and it takes me to my security password. After entering my security password, it takes me to the app. The Now Playing option is gone and there is no way to bring it back up without exiting the app several times. The security password must be what is causing this.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I don't use Netflix, bit I've recently started having trouble with Play Music. I'm not sure if the problem is with the app on my phone or with the chrome cast. During playback, it isn't advancing to the next track in the album/playlist/radio. The chrome cast displays spinning loading circle, but doesn't play the next track until I wake up my phone and click the next track.

-SF

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones