• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Losing data connection randomly....I think

bosox2k1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Williston, VT
So I have juicedefender and I enable that at work to shut off my data for 50 minutes out of every hour. I disable the app when I return home so I can always be receiving data.

With that said, I will be texting my girlfriend, shut my screen off and the notification sound does not ring when she sends me a text. The only reason I know she sends me a text is because I will go to Gv on my laptop and see she sent me a msg.

I looked into my battery mode settings and it is setup to shut off data after 15 minutes of inactivity during non peak hours (midnight to 8am) and set to 60 mins or never for peak hours, however my phone was never inactive for that time period.

My question is, what else could be shutting my data on/off if juicedefender is disabled and my battery profile is set up correctly ( i even changed it to performance and i didnt hear the notification, yes the notification vol. is up)

Any suggestions?

I don't think that you're the only one with this issue. Search around the forum. I believe there are at least one or two other threads that address this problem.

This might sound arrogant and/or stupid but I'm not trying to come across that way. It's a stretch but I'm trying to think of everything here.

Is anyone else not able to hear your phone's notification tones? Maybe you just can't hear them very well.

Upvote 0
I have searched, no answers. My hearing is fine, that I know. I am confused as to why it stops and figured other people might be able to help me out.

Performance mode, juice defender disabled, volume up (i hear the notifications one second, then a 15-20 mins later I don't hear them--but know I got a text cause Im on google voice via laptop)

It's a mind boggler

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones