• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help losing data on sd card

Hello and welcome to the forums, luke.

I'm not sure what you mean by "phone goes dead." Do you mean when the battery drains to such a point that the device becomes unusable? Or do you mean that you have an issue wherein the device is dying unexpectedly?

At any rate, the SD card should not be affected by the device's functionality. If you are losing media, it is most certainly media that has installed into the system memory, not onto the SD card.

Perhaps you have been unknowingly not successfully installing media to your card.

Upvote 0
hello what i mean is if the battery drains all the way down. but i read on this forum that the camera and camcorder photos and videos always go on the sd card in this optimus v phone. they said if you dont have a sd card installed you cant save pictures or video . so it must be on the sd card.also if i import video into my windows 7 pc i lose those pictures and video on the phone and i cant locate those videos. i can find the thumbnails, but cant open those thumbnails with any program in my pc.i know im rambling but im just so frustrated with this issue. thank you.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing that whatever program you're using to import the pics from your phone to PC is set to delete imported files. You should be able to view the imported pics and videos on the PC, . If you try to view them from the SD card while it's mounted on the PC, you will likely have problems. The best way to figure this out would first be to determine what program you're importing and viewing the content on the PC side. I'm betting you haven't lost any pics to this point and it's just a matter of finding them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones