• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help losing data when data switches between LTE and 3G

bik2101

Feb 17, 2011
I've been having this problem probably once a day since I've gotten the phone where my phone will lose data signal while switching between 3G and LTE and the only way to get data back is to restart the phone. Turning airplane mode on and off won't work either.

I felt compelled to register on this forum bc of how much this issue is driving me insane. I have been searching EVERYWHERE for a solution to this issue without luck. I am almost at the point of exchanging this phone for the GN if I can't figure out a solution. However, I have heard this is a pretty common issue among all 4g devices.

On a side note, I found this issue to arrise when the phone makes multiple attempts to transfer data when service signal is low. The thing that kills me is the phone just gives up trying to transfer data. Even if you gain full signal strength back, the phone will not attempt to transfer data until you reset the device.

I love the rezound, but this issue makes me want to throw my phone off a cliff.

Upvote 0
I felt compelled to register on this forum bc of how much this issue is driving me insane. I have been searching EVERYWHERE for a solution to this issue without luck. I am almost at the point of exchanging this phone for the GN if I can't figure out a solution. However, I have heard this is a pretty common issue among all 4g devices.

On a side note, I found this issue to arrise when the phone makes multiple attempts to transfer data when service signal is low. The thing that kills me is the phone just gives up trying to transfer data. Even if you gain full signal strength back, the phone will not attempt to transfer data until you reset the device.

I love the rezound, but this issue makes me want to throw my phone off a cliff.

Don't kid yourself... GN will be worse. What is your locale? I don't see this issue at all. I've heard there were bad sim cards around that caused similar issues. Try reseating your card first. I haven't restarted my phone for any reason for at least 2 weeks, so what you are seeing isn't normal.

Upvote 0
I didn't mean to come off hostile with my previous post, just very frustrated. I have tried the suggestions mentioned here with no luck. The only reason I am thinking about exchanging for another device is that I feel this might be a software issue.

Don't get me wrong, I would not be complaining about this problem if things went back to normal after achieving a better signal. The phone just seems to time out and give up trying to transfer data.

And you can't say that this issue is abnormal if you've actually taken a look around at all the people claiming the exact same thing.

I feel some people might not understand this issue if they always have decent signal. I completely understand not everywhere I'll need to use the phone will have great reception. It just kills me that once the device gains signal, the phone is already through trying to transfer data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones