1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General losing interest in the EVO 3D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cyaiphone, May 25, 2011.

1. cyaiphone

cyaiphone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Sorry Sprint, but you guys suck at these types of things. I've already lost interest in the EVO 3D. I'm going to see what other phones are coming in the next couple of months. My contract is up so I will explore my options. Sprint needs a new marketing team.

Advertisement

2. yourfriendmat

yourfriendmat Well-Known Member
    None

May 13, 2011
    Research Assistant
    I'm beginning to agree with you. I'm really losing interest as time goes on. Other phones are starting to look pretty sweet. Since so many people killed HTC on facebook about the bootloader, maybe we should do the same to Sprint about the release date. HTC actually responded, so maybe it would work?

Sprint | Facebook

P.S. I liked the original title better :p

3. falconey

falconey Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Atlanta
    Lol, this phone will sell itself. Yeah its boring to wait, but it was also boring when I couldn't play battlefield bad company 2 on my ps3 for nearly a month. As soon as the psn network was back online I went right back to playing. The phone will come out this summer which is just a 3 month period. Just practice some patience. It'll be here soon enough.

RichboyJhae likes this.
  4. mkokotovich

mkokotovich Newbie
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Minnesota
    The problem is the new and exciting phones that have details coming out now won't actually be shipped for a long time.

There is inevitably going to be a boring period with any big phone between the announcement hubbub and the actual release.

5. yourfriendmat

None

May 13, 2011
    Research Assistant
    I see your point, but there are comparable phones that are either available now, or have defined release dates that are very soon. My contract is up now, so I'm ready for a phone. If they would give us a release date, then I could evaluate whether or not I should wait or get a phone that's just as good (minus 3D).

sergi0wned likes this.
  6. Evo_luv

Evo_luv Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    South Texas
    I can think of one phone (HTC Sensation) that should be released on June 8th that is basically the same as the Evo 3D just without the 3D. I really want to stay with Sprint but I'm so sick of my Blackberry and I want a good android phone but I don't think I can wait for 3 more months.

sergi0wned and cyaiphone like this.
  7. Jackietreehorn

Jackietreehorn Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    Not entirely true. Both Big Red and AT&T tend to announce and turn around and release their phones at a quicker clip than Sprint.

And really, while we're all still expecting/hoping for June/July, it could really be August before the 3D launches without being "late", and a lot of these phones that have been being announced will easily be ready by then.

Evo_luv, cyaiphone and yourfriendmat like this.
  8. RiverOfIce

None

Mar 30, 2010
    In exile
    This is typical sprint, they think they are being cleaver, but only shooting themselves in the head.

Don't wait for them. If there is a newer phone that you think will work for you, grab it. Sprint will not learn how to launch a product, they will continue to waste your time and their time with failed product launch. Which means, upgrade to anything that looks good. Sprint will not change.

9. cyaiphone

None

Jul 25, 2010

at this point not sure I care enough. I was pumped for the 3D and placed my preorder at best buy the day the preorder was announced there. few weeks like my interest has died.

10. cyaiphone

None

Jul 25, 2010
    well unlike your battlefield game and PS3 you couldn't go buy another game because no matter what game you bought your network was still down. You didn't have an option to go somewhere else unless you wanted to fork out cash to buy an xbox. You were pretty much stuck with no options. That's not the case here.

Evo_luv likes this.
  11. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Search for Brains
    Raccoon City
    This is the weirdest F&#%ing thread I have ever seen!!!!

I have never said to myself, "I know this is going to be one of the best products on the market, but only if that company did a better job of marketing, I would buy it....". When did quality of marketing become part of the purchase decision? :thinking:

12. yourfriendmat

None

May 13, 2011
    Research Assistant
    Your quote makes no sense. You may not have said "I know it'll be awesome, but their marketing sucks!" but that has nothing to do with "I know it'll be awesome, but I have no idea if it will come out soon, so I might as well get another comparable phone!" It's just that the crappy marketing is what's causing the lack of info.

13. Jackietreehorn

Jackietreehorn Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    I don't think it's a commentary on the marketing per se, it's more that through marketing, Sprint has squandered the excitement that came with the announcement.

You see something new that you want, you get all excited and pumped up to get it, and then you get....nothing. No new information, nothing at all...for months. Can you honestly say you're still just as excited about getting it as the first time you heard the announcement? Just seems like a missed opportunity for Sprint. They had a lot of buzz about it, and lately, the only buzz is either negative (bootloader) or frustration (release date). It's been a while since I've heard any out and out positive buzz around this new Evo iteration.

14. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Please don't take this the wrong way as this is a commentary on my nature as person. However, that being said; had the Evo3D come out one month ago I would probably own one. My zealous nature for the newest tech I think would have overcome my somewhat inquisitive (and sometimes paranoid :p) investigation into the device. I am happy it is not out yet as I have decided on a personal level that Sense and qHD-LCD isn't for me. I would have regretted my purchase; and nobody wants to feel buyers remorse. :eek:

15. Sketchr

Sketchr Android Enthusiast
    None

May 28, 2010
    Male
    But then I watch the hands on videos and get all twitchy again:cool:

I'm getting very impatient as well...

16. cyaiphone

None

Jul 25, 2010
    your post makes no sense, nor does it represent anything anyone in this thread has said. And FYI marketing has A LOT to do with what people buy.

17. Sketchr

Sketchr Android Enthusiast
    None

May 28, 2010
    Male
    Since the beginning when there were snake oil salesmen that arrived on every port....then that lead to door to door sales.

Marketing is the key to sales. Doesn't matter what a product has the capability of doing. If it's not marketed properly, people won't buy it...

Fubie and EarlyMon like this.
  18. cyaiphone

None

Jul 25, 2010
    can you ellaborate a little on the above?

19. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    It would be very nice to know a release date and even a confirmed price.

Now I know what Thunderbolt users went through.

20. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Sure, I'd be happy to. Unfortunately I dislike the launcher on Sense. The large "Phone" button at the bottom really bothers me on a personal level because the last thing I use my Smartphone for, is as a phone. LOL... On my current Smartphone the actual "phone" is buried on page 2 or 3 somewhere. ... So if I bought a phone with Sense I'd have to use LauncherPro or something like that.

As for qHD; I went into and played for an hour with a Droid Charge (Super AMOLED Plus) and then another hour with the Droid X2 (qHD-LCD). While I could tell the resolution was higher on the X2 vs the Charge and it was nice to have when you watched video's or movies, I felt like the difference was negligible when doing normal tasks on the phone like web browsing, text messaging, or using Applications. Also, frankly, when I put the two phones next to each other the SA+ made the qHD-LCD look washed out. The SA+ is simply brighter and bolder. However, in saying that, if I watched a lot of HD movies/media on my phone I would go qHD every time.

Again, I'm not trying to say one is better than another. It's all personal preference issues and if you like Sense and qHD-LCD then I'm really happy that's what works for you. It's all Android, so it's all in the family. =)

21. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Unfortunately, Sprint will not care much if a handful of angry custom ROM flashers, and that inlcudes me, are putting their foot down on this encrypted bootloader policy thing. The Sprint HTC EVO 3D will still sell like hotcakes to people who could not care less about rooting or ROM customization.

I hate to sound all negative and doom and gloom about it, but that is how I think it will play out. HTC will "review" the policy and probably stay the course anyway.

22. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    ndh777, Sauske, sergi0wned and 2 others like this.
  23. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Hahaha! That thread cheered me up big time! :D

I thought it reminded me of something old, but I could not put my finger on it until I read that. That is hilarious. :)

24. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Well for all you non interested, you can't miss something you never had.

25. viber

viber Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    USA Army
    This is not a Sprint issue.

This is a me-me-me, instant gratification generation issue where people are children in mind or body (or both), and have the attention span of an insect.

It's been 7 weeks or so since E3D was announced. That's it. If one cannot wait a few more days/weeks then convince yourself you'll be happier with another phone and another carrier. There are plenty waiting to take your place on launch day that will be happy they didn't settle just because they lacked a little patience.

Tags: