• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

losing interest in the EVO 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Sure, I'd be happy to. Unfortunately I dislike the launcher on Sense. The large "Phone" button at the bottom really bothers me on a personal level because the last thing I use my Smartphone for, is as a phone. LOL... On my current Smartphone the actual "phone" is buried on page 2 or 3 somewhere. ... So if I bought a phone with Sense I'd have to use LauncherPro or something like that.

As for qHD; I went into and played for an hour with a Droid Charge (Super AMOLED Plus) and then another hour with the Droid X2 (qHD-LCD). While I could tell the resolution was higher on the X2 vs the Charge and it was nice to have when you watched video's or movies, I felt like the difference was negligible when doing normal tasks on the phone like web browsing, text messaging, or using Applications. Also, frankly, when I put the two phones next to each other the SA+ made the qHD-LCD look washed out. The SA+ is simply brighter and bolder. However, in saying that, if I watched a lot of HD movies/media on my phone I would go qHD every time.

Again, I'm not trying to say one is better than another. It's all personal preference issues and if you like Sense and qHD-LCD then I'm really happy that's what works for you. It's all Android, so it's all in the family. =)

Thanks for giving us your perspective :) I definitely think you're making a good decision! I hate when people try to force people into a new phone (almost like religion) just because the cool crowd (read: nerds) decided it was THE phone to have. I honestly don't like those phones for the very reason you do, so it is very much a personal preference. I may tell people what I think is a better phone, but as long that device makes them happy and does what they need it to, who cares what I think?

Reactions: Jackietreehorn
Upvote 0
Thanks for giving us your perspective :) I definitely think you're making a good decision! I hate when people try to force people into a new phone (almost like religion) just because the cool crowd (read: nerds) decided it was THE phone to have. I honestly don't like those phones for the very reason you do, so it is very much a personal preference. I may tell people what I think is a better phone, but as long that device makes them happy and does what they need it to, who cares what I think?
That's exactly how I feel too. To each their own! If you enjoy your phone, they great! My Uncle has an iPhone and absolutely adores it. I'm happy for him, but I know that Android is the way to go for me. My Father loves our webOS phones, but I don't. I'm happy he likes his phone.

It's not to say one phone is better than another; it's what phone is better for you and what phone is better for them. Then you can all be happy and just enjoy your experiences. If it's an all-Android experience, then in my opinion, all that much better. ;)

Upvote 0
This is not a Sprint issue.

This is a me-me-me, instant gratification generation issue where people are children in mind or body (or both), and have the attention span of an insect.

It's been 7 weeks or so since E3D was announced. That's it. If one cannot wait a few more days/weeks then convince yourself you'll be happier with another phone and another carrier. There are plenty waiting to take your place on launch day that will be happy they didn't settle just because they lacked a little patience.

I know it's always easy to blame "the younger generation," but I don't really think that's the issue. If it doesn't come out until July or August, I may not be too happy about it, but at least TELL me so that I can plan what I want to do. It's really easy to say "Wait and be patient... blah blah blah," and I will be patient for the release date to come if I just know that release date. That being said, I know there will be many "OMG IT DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL XX DAY!!!" posts if the release isn't the first week of June, so I do understand your point.

Reactions: sergi0wned
Upvote 0
What I'm afraid of is that, on June 9th, we get a bunch of release dates for Moto devices and that I'll be tempted to get. Like a Photon or something like that because Moto devices may be less locked down than HTC ones.

Well in the past Moto has beeen the most locked down, but they did say a while back they are working on making them open, so will see the sprint phone could be that first phone.

Upvote 0
I pass on this phone....as much as I want it.....the Encrypted will make me hold Off...
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!!
Something better is around the corner anyway....always is.

Thanks for playing, good luck with the next one and the next one that is better than that one and the next that is better than that better one and ........

Reactions: jallp82
Upvote 0
I see your point, but there are comparable phones that are either available now, or have defined release dates that are very soon. My contract is up now, so I'm ready for a phone. If they would give us a release date, then I could evaluate whether or not I should wait or get a phone that's just as good (minus 3D).

Well I'm not jumping ship because a phone doesn't have a release date. I have an Evo and love it so my natural progression is to the new and improved iteration. I can wait a month or so even if there are comparable releases on other carriers. One thing you miss out on by hopping from carrier to carrier is loyalty rewards. Just a thought.

Reactions: yourfriendmat
Upvote 0
This is not a Sprint issue.

This is a me-me-me, instant gratification generation issue where people are children in mind or body (or both), and have the attention span of an insect.

It's been 7 weeks or so since E3D was announced. That's it. If one cannot wait a few more days/weeks then convince yourself you'll be happier with another phone and another carrier. There are plenty waiting to take your place on launch day that will be happy they didn't settle just because they lacked a little patience.

From my own perspective, I don't see my own lost interest in the E3D as an instant gratification issue. I have been on the lookout for a new phone since the original pics for the Thunderbolt came out back in August of last year. I waited until confirmed specs failed to show a dual core. Then I moved on.

When I saw the E3D with the resolution, dual core and by HTC, I thought I had found my new phone. However, combine no release date with locked/signed files in the phone and that kills a lot of my plans for getting this phone.

I know a new phone is always around the corner, but that new phone I might now be waiting on is the Nexus in Q4 of this year. Google/Nvidia are planning a quad core, ICS, Tegra 3 beast for end of this year. Ive waited since August of last year. I can wait another 7 months for that, if it comes down to it.

It isn't a matter of impatience here. It is a matter of disapppointment with the execution of this phone. At the least, it is for me. I've been patient so far. I can be so a little longer.

Upvote 0
Well I'm not jumping ship because a phone doesn't have a release date. I have an Evo and love it so my natural progression is to the new and improved iteration. I can wait a month or so even if there are comparable releases on other carriers. One thing you miss out on by hopping from carrier to carrier is loyalty rewards. Just a thought.

That's a good point. I was thinking Nexus rather than switching carriers. I like Sprint for the most part, but this release is sort of bugging me.

Upvote 0
Definitely agree!

And if these specs are accurate, regarding the Photon, can you say KICKSTAND!

Sprint Launching Dual-Core Photon 4G (and others) June 9 | TechnoBuffalo

I don't know much about ROM and RAM, but how much internal memory does this phone have? I see that it has 1GB of RAM. I'm also starting to lose interest in the EVO 3D. This new phone might be something to wait for. I'm happy with my EVO now. I'll be happier when the EVO gets Gingerbread. With Gingerbread on the EVO it will be easier to wait for something else besides the EVO 3D. This phone looks like it might be a good alternative.

Upvote 0
I don't know much about ROM and RAM, but how much internal memory does this phone have? I see that it has 1GB of RAM. I'm also starting to lose interest in the EVO 3D. This new phone might be something to wait for. I'm happy with my EVO now. I'll be happier when the EVO gets Gingerbread. With Gingerbread on the EVO it will be easier to wait for something else besides the EVO 3D. This phone looks like it might be a good alternative.

EVO 3D has 1GB RAM also. It's the ROM that we'll have to wait and see if it's on par with the EVO 3D @ 4gb

Regarding the EVO4g with Gingerbread, I completely agree. That's why I'm willing to wait for the Motorola Photon to release, prior to making a decision.

Upvote 0
LOL - If its not Encrypted....theres my new phone!!!!

I wouldn't really ahve a problem with it one way or the other. I still haven't rooted my EVO 4g after 1 year and I'm still happy with it without rooting. Now, as the days get closer to the Motorola Photon release, I may finally root my phone w/ the OEM Gingerbread OTA update, so that I can make a thorough decision. Ultimately, my only reason to root would be to remove bloatware and adjust overclocking, so that it runs smoother.

Upvote 0
EVO 3D has 1GB RAM also. It's the ROM that we'll have to wait and see if it's on par with the EVO 3D @ 4gb

Regarding the EVO4g with Gingerbread, I completely agree. That's why I'm willing to wait for the Motorola Photon to release, prior to making a decision.

If the Photon has more memory, I might have to go with that. It really depends on the specs of the phones. I really hate to leave HTC, I love HTC Sense. Sprint needs to give some information to keep us excited about this phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones