1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Losing internet (3g and 4g) altogether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eddie33081, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert

New Orleans: No 3G or 4G :mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast

Out in Maryland since 1 am (12/20).

3. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Android Enthusiast

Got my 3G back... anyone else noticing EXTRMELLLLYYY slow 3G Speeds? I'm getting 0.08 - 0.12 mbps download and about 0.5 upload. I normally get at least 1.0-1.5 mbps on 3G

4. Proph

Proph Android Enthusiast

houston, no 4g but 3g is a full strength go. *whew.

5. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

Chicago, no 4g...full 3g

6. Toddstoddard

Toddstoddard Lurker

I have a razr and xoom both down, but my MiFi at work still going strong!

7. DaddyJax44

DaddyJax44 Newbie

I turned off phone last night to charge the battery. Turned phone on this morning at 6:45 and no 3G or 4G ... switched back and forth several times. Switched airplane mode on/off several times as well. Then around 8:00 I got a very weak 3G only signal. This lasted for @ 20 minutes, and now it is gone again. Phone only showing 2 "grey" bars of signal strength, with no 3G or 4G. VZW ... please get your act together! As a side note, my wife's Droid2 had 3 bars of 3G all morning ... go figure.

edit: Canton, Ohio

8. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I think we are getting used to these types of outages.

It's simple, VZW must be making a change for a new phone that will be released on their (4G) network in a day or two. This has been the history so far :D:D

jaydotelloh likes this.
  9. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Android Enthusiast

Northern Jersey...no 3/4g this morning...phone would stick in charging mode..had to pull battery...then couldnt get into settings...kept locking...so i did super wipe and reinstalled AR...3g slowly came back...still no 4g though...

10. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

Got full 3G service in Hartford, CT now. Still no 4G. I usually get full strength 4G here, so I'm sure I'll know when it's back.

11. Sportster

Sportster Android Enthusiast

Still off in N. Indiana.....ridiculous....going on around 6 hrs down now....:mad:

12. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Ditto for TN. Reboot of phone didnt help. Seems to come and go when it likes.

13. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

same thing going on with me in ATL

14. Techno Tonis

Techno Tonis Well-Known Member

Cincinnati, OH - No 3g/LTE STILL.

And we were one of the original and strongest LTE areas :-/

wtf Verizon...

It will be back up soon, hopefully.

At first I thought they deactivated me because I burned through 1.21 gigs of data in the first 5 days of owning the phone :D

15. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Android Expert

What are they on now? Droid 400 tomorrow right???

16. Techno Tonis

At least I have bitchin' wi-fi speeds at work because I'm on campus

17. solo88

solo88 Well-Known Member

Cali up in hurr.......no 3g/4g but I got 3 bars? crazy!

18. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Android Expert

I picked the wrong day to exchange handsets. I went in this morning with the intention of switching handsets to see if it helped connectivity issues. Noted that I was without signal and thought it was just the phone. Upon trying to activate the new phone, I learned it can't happen without the network. So now I have a useless brick and can't even make phone calls.

:banghead:

19. 4g back up here. Tenafly, NJ

20. It was weird, I had no 3G/4G in NYC when I woke up, but my buddy with his Droid X had full 3G, seemed only 4G devices were affected. now I have 3g back.

21. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

I was freaking out last night when I wasn't getting a data connection at all, thinking it was my phone, til I checked my Tab and husband's phone and they both weren't connecting either. We're back up this morning, though (in Boston). [Both phones and the tab are all LTE devices, so I couldn't check a 3G only device to see if that would've worked].

22. Jay3

Jay3 Android Enthusiast

I was getting nothing last night and this morning. 3G is back up for me now, no 4G.

My coworker has a Thunderbolt, same problem. This is network related.

23. Techno Tonis

Coworker who has a iPhone 4 on Verizon gets 3g...I still get neither. This is really going to piss me off.

24. JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19 Member

Jacksonville, FL is down too. I now managed to get 3G. Here is the funny thing, I have kept my phone in CDMA only mode and still managed to go down.

25. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

My Nexus just started getting data again. Both 3G and 4G were down since about 5am this morning. When I called VZW I was greeted with the We are aware of the 4G data outage message...lol, this is getting Ridiculous already.

Side note...My 3G Blackberry 9930 never lost data at all last night or this morning?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews