1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Losing internet (3g and 4g) altogether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eddie33081, Dec 21, 2011.

1. GTIMKV

GTIMKV Newbie

Got 3G back since 8 this morning, no 4G however. Central NJ.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. got 3G back as well...weird thing was when I had LTE/CDMA selected it wouldn't connect to 3G but when I selected CDMA 3G popped up and worked fine

3. Techno Tonis

Techno Tonis Well-Known Member

This is what I find to be most intriguing since people I work with on Verizon are getting signal on their iPhones and Blackberrys...

4. P M

P M Member

had the same issue roughly 1.5 hrs ago; only have 3g right now and i use to have pretty fast 4g here in south nj.

5. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

Since it only seems to affect 4G devices (sim cards), I'm guessing it's that authentication issue anandtech mentioned the other day.

I woke to strong winds around 3am est and wanted to check the radar. No data connection.

Still no data at 8 but had a great voice connection when I placed an interstate call.

At 9 I had 4G where Ive been getting 3G since the last baseband OTA.

Now I'm back to a weak 3G signal.

Obviously they working on something....

6. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

I've seen this a few times in here... The reason it isn't effecting those phones is because they connect to the network differently. With all of the LTE phones you are using a sim card, the problem seems to be with how these cards connect to the LTE towers at the handshake level.

So while other 3G phones will connect just fine, any of the LTE phones using a SIM card will not. Basically what is happening is that LTE phones are trying to log in with a different password then the normal 3G phones, and the password they are using looks like it is invalid to VZW (it isn't but that is where the error is occuring).

VeryEvilAsh and Techno Tonis like this.
  7. Techno Tonis

Verizon just sent me a text congratulating me on the purchase of my Gnex and for choosing "America's Fastest and Most Reliable 4G Network"

Talk about irony.

I took a screen shot with my zero signal for posterity.

zebug likes this.
  8. Techno Tonis

Wow, this is incredibly helpful - Thank you.

9. VeryEvilAsh

VeryEvilAsh Member

4G back here in Philly. Actually getting a 4G at work where I didn't get a 4G signal yesterday.

10. ez12a

ez12a Member

A few people have "upgraded" to an unreleased\Leaked LTE radio that ended up causing problems with their phones.

I wonder if this caused the network outage.

11. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

No problem man, that is why I love this forum. Always someone willing to help and share some knowledge. I started here with the OG Droid, and learned so much just from reading threads. Glad I could give back to the community. :)

12. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

i am in Pittsburgh area and i have not had that issue. But i went up to Elmira and Johnstown NY and it went from 4g -3g but had no services for the internet. it was like i had 3 bars and they were GREYED out ... i had to reboot my phone but it happened again. But where i live i havent had the problem

13. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast

4g back up in Maryland.

Verizon identified the problem:

Attached Files:

14. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Still nothing here in NW Ohio..

LOL as soon as I posted this it came back on :D

15. Chaddaddadd

Chaddaddadd Lurker

I've got 4G back in metro Detroit!

16. jpatrick18

jpatrick18 Member

4G back up in Tampa. This may just be a coincidence but before today I would get a very weak 4G signal at work and since the network came back up I have a solid 4 bars.

17. Jay3

Jay3 Android Enthusiast

Mine came back strong about an hour ago. This was a network issue, not a phone issue.

18. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Android Expert

Two words.

Absolutely not.

19. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert

4G service is back up here in New Orleans

20. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast

I've been getting this all day today all over san diego county. Verizon claims there are no current network issues.

I guess it's time for a new sim. If not a fix it goes back.

21. samsays

samsays Newbie

I've been having problems getting 3G and 4G signals. I spoke to Verizon this morning and they said there is a software problem that they are working on a fix for.

22. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

moving this to the Verizon section guys. you should get more targeted responses here. :cool:

23. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Well-Known Member

Is 4.0.3 supposed to fix this?

24. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast

My phone is now getting steady 4g service her in San Diego, CA. I will monitor it the rest of the day and post findings.

25. omoboy

omoboy Lurker

how do I set my galaxy tab 8.9 and galaxy Nexus to connect to the internet with 3G. They are both unlocked. I connect easily to WiFi but cannot with 3G.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews