1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Losing network connectivity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Perseid0, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Perseid0

Perseid0 Lurker

My Optimus V is about 6 days old. When I turn the phone on, it works fine, but after leaving it alone for a few hours, it loses network connectivity. I can make voice calls, but I can't do anything else. If I turn the phone off and back on it's fine for a few more hours until it happens again.

I'm not rooted, nor am I tethering.

Is this on Virgin's end? This seems a bit unlikely since power cycling it fixes it. Could it be an app I'm running? I don't have anything too weird, nothing I didn't get from the store.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Johnny puello

Johnny puello Lurker

I bought my phone a week ago and I have the same problem. I tried pressing the actibation app which fixes the problem just for a day, removing the battery does the same thing.
    The easiest way to fix the no conection to internet on the LG Uptimus V is to 1) go settings on your phone 2) wireless and networks 3) mobile network and disable data conection....wait a few seconds and enable data. in other words disable and enable data on the phone. Do this every time you loose conection. I have not had anyproblems in the last few days.

Perseid0 likes this.
  3. Perseid0

Perseid0 Lurker

That's a better temporary solution than turning it off and back on. Maybe I'll take it back to the store and ask them. If I find out anything I'll post here.