1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

losing phone memory when uninstalling??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by broads desire, Jul 25, 2010.

1. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    ok so start.. htc desire....

when i use a file manager to install and apk file.. when im finished with it when i uninstall i notice it doesnt free up all the memory it took ?

for example.. earlier i installed spiderman game, i cant remember exact numbers... but phone memory before was say 75mb free. installed and it went to 68mb..

when i uninstalled it.. my phone memory only went back up to 70mb

as i said example so numbers arent right but thts the main idea..

so where is this memory going as i can eventually see my memory being taken up by small parts of apps tht are no longer on phone

how do i free it all back up... without hard resetting as i dont wanna have to go throuh the whole restoring everything again.

cheers..

Advertisement

2. onetondon

onetondon New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I have the HTC Legend and I bought it unlocked. I have the same problem. I install files using the HTC Sync software because the latest version allows for installing using apps using HTC Sync. Anyway, I noticed that sometimes when I delete a program, the internal phone memory does not decrease. Sometimes though, it does...strange.

One time I failed to install a 4mb program from HTC Sync because of some 'hashing' problem and yet my phone memory went down by 4mb! Also, the file/program is nowhere to be found in my phone or in the sd card...strange

I called HTC Support and they couldn't give me a decent answer so anyway I hope someone can answer solve this problem.