1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost 3g/data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonhoglund, Mar 18, 2011.

1. jonhoglund

jonhoglund Member

Somewhere between home and work this morning my 3G/data stopped working..I've got bars of signal, but no 3G. I checked other people at work who have droids/2's and they're are fine, so it's not a local network issue. Also I checking my "Wireless&Networks" settings and for some reason the "Mobile Network" is stuck/grey-ed out as "Turning on...." i'm guesing this is an idication of the problem but don't know how to fix it.

Please HELP!!

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. felix822

felix822 Member

Easiest way it to enable then disable Airplane Mode. That should fix it.

jonhoglund likes this.
  3. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Either that or try a reboot.

jonhoglund likes this.
  4. jonhoglund

jonhoglund Member

I forgot to mention i did try that, still no data/3G/internet. Also, figured i'd test out sending a text, and that doesn't work. So I've tried turning on and off airplane mode from holding the power button, also fromt he same menu, i tried turning off and on the mobile network, and nothing.

thanks though felix

5. jonhoglund

jonhoglund Member

damn, tried that too, twice, nothing. Thanks jbdan

6. jonhoglund

jonhoglund Member

Ok, actually just got an email from my mom, who is also on my account, and she said that none of the phones on our account had been working this morning and that she had placed a call to VZW....odd....I now have 1x where i usually have 3G....this is really weird.

7. jbdan

This has happened to me twice since owning the Inc in April of 2010. Both times it was something on Verizon's end and was fixed within 24 hours. One time it was an updated PRL issue the other time was just random 3G outage.

Did this just randomly happen today? Good that you let Veriz know about it. I would give it a day I bet it gets worked out. If not you should definitely pursue it with Verizon though.

8. jonhoglund

jonhoglund Member

So.....turns out parents forgot to pay the bill.....not a technical issue at all...sorry for waisting all you r guys time... Thanks!

9. jbdan

ROFL! Well that's good news in a way...not so good news in a way also :D

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews