• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bcltoys

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
Maryland
I see trident posted a sticky last night, yesterday I lost 3g at work that is 500 yards from a tower so I know it was not signal loss and the only way I could get it back was to do a factory reset but this has happened to me a couple of handfull of times. Never once had a problem on 1.5.

I see trident posted a sticky last night, yesterday I lost 3g at work that is 500 yards from a tower so I know it was not signal loss and the only way I could get it back was to do a factory reset but this has happened to me a couple of handfull of times. Never once had a problem on 1.5.

Well, that is useful information, actually.

You thought you had the non-problem that Trident was describing, so you did exactly what Trident said not to do in order to fix the problem supposedly caused by doing what you did even though you didn't do it to begin with.

Wow, I think I just hurt my fingers and my brain typing that. :D

At least it is a data point indicating that doing a FR is a non-problem.

eu1

Upvote 0
I sit literally 4 feet from a verizon extendor in my office and i always either have 1 bar or no bars. I used to have 4 before we upgraded to 2.1.....

You'll also only see the bars increase while you are on a call and using the extender. Once the call is ended you're no longer using the extender and the bars drop back down to what they normally would be. For instance with my extender at home I have 0-1 bars when I'm not on a call and full bars while I'm on one.

Upvote 0
You'll also only see the bars increase while you are on a call and using the extender. Once the call is ended you're no longer using the extender and the bars drop back down to what they normally would be. For instance with my extender at home I have 0-1 bars when I'm not on a call and full bars while I'm on one.

Why is it then that before i upgraded to 2.1 i was rocking 4 bars. Also, now when i run speed test...i get about 300 down/500 up where i used to get 1400 down and 500 up??

Trust me, there is a huge difference in anything that requires data downloading now.

I'm not sure if it is an extendor or what....we call it the cone of doom at work....looks like a cone hanging from the ceiling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones