1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lost a bunch of contacts! please help me!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by TQuon, Apr 20, 2012.

1. TQuon

TQuon Lurker

I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 X and it was an amazing phone. Unfortunately I accidently broke it a few weeks ago, the cell phone repair store said the phone was beyond repair and to start looking for a new phone. The bottom 4 touch screen buttons on my phone don't work!!!. Is there a way I can back up all my contacts, pictures and videos and maybe even phone settings without using the bottom 4 buttons?. The back button and settings etc. button doesn't work so I need to take out the battery and restart phone everytime I need to "back". I just want to back up all my stuff and buy another Android phone but I don't know how to do it without the bottom 4 touch screen buttons!!!. Please help me with a DETAILED description on how to do this!. (button by button, menu by menu description).

Note* please have description step by step instructions for samsung galaxy s2 X or else another OS very similar to galaxy s2 X. ANY help is greatly appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

are all on your SD card; unmount it and put it your new phone. Better still, back up your apps there too, with something like AppMonster Pro.

(actually your contacts are in the Google cloud, so they’re safe regardless.)

3. TQuon

TQuon Lurker

4. TQuon

TQuon Lurker

To make things more complicated, im borrowing my friends android phone right now (LG Optimus 2X) and I synced it to GMail, and my Gmail account doesn't have ALL my contacts. My broken phone has ALL the contacts still so I need to sync contacts from my broken phone to GMail, so my Gmail is updated. But can I do it without the 4 touch screen buttons?

5. jefboyardee

Sumthin funky. Sync goes both ways, so when you sync from another device (PC or your friend

6. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert

Sounds like you saved, the missing contacts, to your device, not to your gmail account.

7. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Exactly. With a broken menu key and some contacts saved to phone memory only he is likely SOL.

8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Unless you can remap the "menu" function to another key (e.g. one of the volume keys).

A search turned up "buttonremapper", but that seems only to be for rooted devices.

9. dralways

dralways Member

10. jefboyardee

Should be somewhere in SD\Android\data

11. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

use bluetooth to send all your contacts to your friends phone. Just go to the app drawer> settings> wireless and networks I beliave and turn on bluetooth and turn on turn it on, on your friends phone and make sure it is in discovery mode (should be in bluetooth settings) and search for it on your broken phone and pair it. after that just long press each contact you want and select "send as v-card" then you should be able to select bluetooth and send it to your friends phone. You should be able to do this for each contact you need which may take a while, but will be worth it. After all that sync it up with your google account and/ or contacts> menu> export and export it as a backup on your friends phone (which you should be able to use your micro sd card for.

12. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Remember, his 'menu' key is broken...

13. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

you don't need the menu key to be able to access bluetooth and send contacts through bluetooth. The menu part was after sending it to his friends phone and exporting them from that phone not the broken one ;)