• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lost a good member

I'm sorry to hear that... I'm sure the "spam blocker" wasn't intended for new members to be offended but rather just to avoid spamming. I hope you'll understand. Android Forum is an awesome place for Androiders can come and get a lot of information, hints, tips & tricks on their device. I assure you...in time you won't even remember this little misunderstanding. Enjoy your time here. All the best for 2012! :)

Upvote 0
your spam measures are way to high. I spent about 20 minutes writing my heart out and now I can't post what I wrote. Infuriating. Sorry to sound crass, but I'm not coming back.

Hello EmperorAustin. I'm very sorry to see you're having issues with our spam filtering measures here at AF.

We very rarely move introductory threads out of that Introductions section, but I've moved this one to the Suggestion Box and Feedback area for exposure to our Administrator. This is where he takes note of member problems and does his very best to remedy what he can, or to at least explain things.

If it's about post count prior to links/pics being allowed in your posts/threads in the Classifieds section, one post prior is all it takes (that one post filters out a lot of "bot spam"). :)

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
In addition to images and links, there are a number of keywords that trigger this. It is only on your first post. The back button should have gave you all your content back, but I'm not 100% on that.

I will go through the keywords and reevaluate the legit/spam hit ration for each and remove what is more likely to be okay to try to avoid this.

Sorry for your trouble :(

Upvote 0
I've noticed that the back button is rarely effective when you have a long post and something jumps in the way to prevent you from posting - even database errors.

But this is not site specific - the same type of thing has been happening to me for years at multiple sites, forums, WP / Blogs, even in Webmail sites.

Reactions: dautley
Upvote 0
@EmporerAustin - a work around until you get enough posts to make the anti-Spam filters go a lot easier on you is to make a smaller post, 10-20 words - then compile your real post off-line (like in Notepad) and then edit the small post you made and paste the real one into it - so even if you lose the edit, you still have your original post, plus the extended post you were writing still in a separate program.

Upvote 0
@EmporerAustin - a work around until you get enough posts to make the anti-Spam filters go a lot easier on you is to make a smaller post, 10-20 words - then compile your real post off-line (like in Notepad) and then edit the small post you made and paste the real one into it - so even if you lose the edit, you still have your original post, plus the extended post you were writing still in a separate program.

If it's a long post I use word to check everything out, but will usually at least use Ctrl+C to copy a post before actually posting it, especially when posting to a sight that uses something like Disqus.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

Plus, it's a great technique for spamming.

:eek: ;)

Reactions: Sharondippity
Upvote 0
If it's a long post I use word to check everything out, but will usually at least use Ctrl+C to copy a post before actually posting it, especially when posting to a sight that uses something like Disqus.

Same here. If I'm doing a lengthy post to a forum or blog comments, I'll use Notepad then copy and paste. Can't lose it all then.

Upvote 0
Guys I think he is gone...

Social butterfly that he is. :D

Kidding aside, once in a while we see new members frustrated about the anti-spam stuff to an extent enough to post about it. Most stay after looking around and seeing what a great, diverse and informative joint we have here.

A few move on. The OP is still a member, and he knows he's welcome and that his frustration is not lost on us.

Reactions: Yeahha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones