1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost ability to charge via USB after ICS update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by __Stacey, Apr 14, 2012.

1. __Stacey

__Stacey Lurker

Hi there,

I updated to ICS yesterday and I am no longer able to charge my phone (Nexus S) via my laptop (micro USB to USB port on laptop).

The really weird thing is that It seems I just cannot use the cable at all........not even if I plug it in to the USB port on my wall charger.

The only way I can charge now is by a hardwired wall plug with a micro USB end.

Bizzare or what?

Anyway, this happened directly after my phone rebooted from the update. BTW, my phone was charging via my laptop during the update, if that matters.

Anyone have any ideas? :cool:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Since the phone charges from another charger/wire, logic dictates that the cable wire is defective/damaged. Try another cable at a local store to see if your wall charger works. It seems that timing of the update just happens to be a coincidence as the software update should not affect hardware. My Nexus S charges just fine on the USB cable with v4.0.4.

3. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

It could be something with the ICS, because I have the same problem, except for me the USB cable works without problem. It just stopped charging the phone. I noticed it right after the upgrade, when phone was connected and restart an the green icon stopped moving... I finish setting it up, check against
    my imac, macbook and pc, no charging. Just notification "Connected As Media Device"....

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews