1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost ability to edit in Gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robit, Mar 25, 2020.

1. robit

robit Lurker

Whenever I click the pencil icon to edit, it tells me allow permission in settings. Next to it in blue, the settings do nothing when clicked on.
    There is absolutely nothing I can find in settings>apps>gallery>gallery settings to turn on any permission. In the gallery app info, all 4 permissions are enabled.
    Anyone have an idea where I can find the permission needed?
    Gallery version: 11.0.00.31
    Best regards,

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by robit, Mar 26, 2020 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try clearing cache for the gallery. did this always happen? or all of a sudden? was it after an update?

MrJavi and marctronixx like this.
  4. robit

robit Lurker

Many thanks for your reply.
    Yes, I have cleared cache and data too, to no avail. Not sure of the time it happened but recently I did reset app peferences, so it may have happened then. Now when I click on edit (the pencil icon) Just get a popup that says: "To use this feature, you need to allow permission in Settings" As to where that is I can't seem to find out,

Attached Files:

5. marctronixx

long press on the gallery icon and tap on the "i" icon. this should take you to the settings of the app. take a screenshot of what your permissions are set to.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. robit

robit Lurker

Thanks for your time to reply.

I have been in gallery settings any which way I could, but nowhere I can find any settings involving editing. Interestingly, I decided to try editing a photo in my tablet (tab s4, still on pie) and as soon as I clicked the pencil icon, it asked me to allow photo editor. Yet, photo editor is nowhere to be found in the system, so I must assume that it is integrated deeply in gallery app. Another interesting thing is that I have no problem editing video. I would even try to reinstall gallery if I knew where to find it.

Kind regards,

The answer to enable photo editor was given to me on the community.samsung forum just now. I f anyone suffer with the same issue, the answer is the following:
    Open Settings
    Click Apps
    From the 3 dot menu select "Show system apps"
    Search for Photo Editor
    After clicking on the Photo Editor entry, click on Permissions.
    Ensure that "Storage" is allowed.

Best regards,

Attached Files:

taiowa, marctronixx and ocnbrze like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews