1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost ability to update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rudster, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Rudster

Rudster Lurker

At one time I installed TWRP and apparently at sometime something from ClockworkMod, I think it may have been a one click root thing that didn't work and SuperSu. I have done a factory reset since then and their folders show up still, though they're marked as empty. Since then my Update Software option is gone as well as my Wipe Cache Partition option when I boot into recovery mode.
    I would really like to update to Marshmallow but without the Update Software option gone I am lost as to how I might be able to do this.
    P.S. I don't have home internet, my only access is via my Galaxy S5.
    P.S. How can I upload a screenshot of my device info?

#1 Rudster, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rudster

Rudster Lurker

I just tried the Upload a File button but there is no option to choose Gallery and thus no way to access my Screenshots folder.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to our AndroidForums, @Rudster.

I've moved your thread over here to the SG S5 root area for you since I'd think the folks in here are best suited to help you out with your issues.

Cheers!

Rudster likes this.
  4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

You just need to download the stock firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product code, and flash it via Odin by following the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. This will remove all residual root and allow you to update OTA or via Kies/Smart Switch when Marshmallow is eventually released for your model.

Rudster and scary alien like this.
  5. Rudster

Rudster Lurker

Thank you :)

ironass and scary alien like this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews