• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost all APS installed to SD!

Lalaland

Sep 20, 2010
Hi,

I used the 'force all apps to move to SD' method on Froyo on my HTC Desire and for a good while all was working really well. I was happy with the space I was saving.

Today I used a backup tool from Navigon, Fresh, to backup my Satnav purchase. During this time my Desire rebooted itself while connected to my laptop via USB.

When the phone came back I found that ALL my apps currently installed to the SD card are now no longer available in my menu and when I go to manage Apps I can see them but they are greyed out with a little SD in the corner of their icons.

I can't move them back to the phone and Market appears to think that they are no longer installed. However I can see them in my manage Apps area.

So physically they are still on my SD card, they are still showing in the manage Apps menu (but greyed out) and they are still taking space up. I just can't start them or move them.

Any ideas???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones