1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost all contacts!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adien666, Feb 15, 2014.

1. adien666

adien666 Member

yesterday my gf awoke to all her contacts deleted on her phone. The only contacts left were her facebook. Tried to sync it to her gmail and sim but nothing. Any one have and similar problems? Thanks in advance.

2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

That is weird. :thinking:

On her phone, can she just delete her gmail account and then set the phone up fresh with the same account?

Then tell it to sync, if they don't show up by themselves.

This is assuming that her contacts are still on her account, which you could see by going to the account with a PC.

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

If she's trying to sync to her SIM, then at lest some of her contacts (the ones on the SIM) weren't on Google, so they won't sync tht way. (Which is why all contacts should be Google [or "Account"] contacts - so they sync automatically.)

Tell her to change her gmail password if she hasn't already. (In the phone, after she changes it on gmail, that means deleting the account and adding a new one with the new password.)

4. clitrenta

clitrenta Android Enthusiast

It may simply be that your "view" of the contacts is only for the Facebook ones. If you go into contacts and then press the menu button, go to "Contacts to Display" and see what is checked there.

ahjengmool and dustwun77 like this.
  5. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that. :)

Another alternative would be to export her contacts from Gmail on a PC, get the file onto your phone with your cable or email, and then choose to Import contacts from the Settings. I see it had the option there.

6. Justin01

Justin01 Well-Known Member

I experienced this in the past though it was on different OS. Unfortunately, I never had any chance to recover all my contacts. Had to email my friends and inform them about the incident. ;(

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews