1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root lost all my apps and games after rooting <fast help please>

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mahmoud98767, Jul 24, 2013.

1. mahmoud98767

mahmoud98767 Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2013
    Male
    Cairo,Egypt
    Hi, i lost all my apps and games after rooting before i root my nexus 7 i backed up the apps on mobilego for android and after i rooted my phone i was going to restore but it just restored the the camera launcher and the other apps won't to restore it always say"no enough space" and the free is 13 gb and the apps was installed 10 gb
    thanks.

Advertisement

2. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    Arizona
    if you rooted AND unlocked your bootloader, yea, you will lose everything. no way getting around that.

as for the restoring part, perhaps you should ask that question in the Applications section of this forum. or better yet, contact the developers directly for assistance.

3. mahmoud98767

mahmoud98767 Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2013
    Male
    Cairo,Egypt
    Thanks for reply,I have another 2 questions.
    (1)If the bootloader void the warranty if i locked it again i may lost the root?(if yes i want to know way to root without void warranty i really need that root to install some apps)
    (2)Which is best backup that i can backup the app, games(APK with data and save) ,Contacts and calendar?

4. mrhomiec

None

May 16, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    Arizona
    you can not root any device and keep your warranty. BUT if you ever need to claim warranty, just unroot and re-lock the bootloader before sending your device in.

for backing up contacts and calendar, just make sure those are synced to your google account.

but for apps, without root, you can't reliably backup app data/save. you can backup the app itself (the APK).

5. mahmoud98767

mahmoud98767 Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2013
    Male
    Cairo,Egypt
    Thanks for your comment, if I unrooted and relock the boot loader and didn't backup I will lose apps again as I rooted?

6. mrhomiec

None

May 16, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    Arizona
    not too sure on this, but i believe you will always lose data whenever the bootloader is involved- both locking and unlocking.

when rooting and unrooting, (the bootloader has to be unlocked no matter what), depending on the method, you might be able to keep your data.