• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root lost Android email after installing SG v.5.0.1 ROM

I lost stock Android email app totally after installing Smoked Glass v.5.0.1.
before , i had v.4.5 and email worked like a champ. Tried to reinstall SG v.5.0.1 few times - no effect.
Anyone can suggest where to get and install back email app. Not really interested in getting from Market non-droid versions.

thanks a lot

Yea, I still have it. Let this be a lesson: Pay attention to rooting/installing roms.

Is K9 that much better? I may give it a shot. I've just recently been sold on Handcent.

With the stock email client, I was constantly running into issues of receiving old emails over and over again after deleting them. Often with the datestamp of 1969. I would delete them over and over, but until I wiped from server they wouldn't stop coming.

With K9 however I have not had this issue once in over a month of using it. I also like how well it handles multiple accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones