1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost App shortcuts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 420benz, Sep 8, 2019.

1. 420benz

420benz Member

They were in a round folder and when I open them it says not installed. .

Attached Files:

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Well it's telling you the android forums app isn't installed on your device.
    Did you accidentally uninstall it?

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

not sure i understand what is going on. the lost app shortcuts was that added onto the home screen by you? or did it suddenly appear? were these apps uninstalled or deleted? what launcher are you using?

we need a bit more background as to what is going on.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

All of them or just one? If you go to the app drawer do they still work from there?

Individual app shortcuts can break easily. Sometimes an update changes something in the app so that the desktop shortcut no longer works, in which case the solution is to remove and replace the shortcut. So if it's one, maybe two of these apps where the shortcut no longer works that would be my guess.

If the apps are all installed but none of these shortcuts works then it's a glitch in your launcher (the app that handles your desktop, and hence the app that manages this folder and the shortcuts it contains). The simplest solution is to recreate the folder then delete the old one.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  5. 420benz

420benz Member

They were created by me a while ago and worked fine for over a year and now they don't. The problem is I forgot how to create shortcuts.

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

You can create a short cut as long as you have the app installed

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It depends what launcher you have. In most cases a long press on an empty spot on the desktop will do it. Otherwise go to the app drawer and try a long press on the app you want to create a shortcut to.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews