1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Lost "Battery" in Settings - Smart Manager issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by billdz, Aug 16, 2017.

1. billdz

billdz Member

Jan 7, 2013
    After rooting my Grand Prime, noticed that in the Settings tray there is no longer a Battery selection. The Battery app was helpful for finding things that were using a lot of battery power. I read somewhere else that the Battery is lost when Smart Manager has been disabled. So I looked in the Disabled Applications tray and sure enough, there is Smart Manager. But all the selections are greyed out, it does not appear possible to enable Smart Manager. So is there any way to get the Battery app working again? Is the problem connected with the rooting of the phone?
    Thanks for any info,
    b

Advertisement

2. sakib124am

sakib124am Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2017
    Download new stock rom . Install by odin on pc

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    AFAIK, "Smart Manager" is actually the infamous Cheetah Mobile Clean Master snake-oil, task killer, Chinese spyware thing that Samsung included on their devices for a while. And is probably best for the phone's performance and battery life if it stays disabled.

4. billdz

billdz Member

Jan 7, 2013
    @Sakib - if I install a new ROM, will I lose the root?
    @mike - If Smart Manager should remain disabled, is there any other way to re-enable Battery in Settings?

If there is no easy way to re-enable Battery in Settings, is there any third party app I can download that which apps and processes are using up the battery? The battery has been draining more quickly than in the past, and I'm trying to figure out what is causing that.