1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lost browser address bar.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shadowfax49, Jul 28, 2011.

1. shadowfax49

shadowfax49 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    England
    Having just recently got the wifi working on my A500/3.1 I've done something stupid with the browser that I can't seem to find a fix for (which means it's gotta be a simple/staring me in the face job).
    I've "lost" the address bar in the browser.
    I can only see the bottom few pads of the blue semi-circular menu at the top right corner which may be why I can't reset things but so far have changed as many of the options that I can find all to no avail.
    And, is there anywhere I can get decent instructions on the various options and accessing them in the browser (the manual seems very basic to an ol'timer like me).

Advertisement

2. 1SG31B

1SG31B Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    Go to the settings in the "wheel" it is the four horizontal lines. Go to labs and uncheck quick controls. You address bar should come back. Good Luck.

3. shadowfax49

shadowfax49 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    England
    Thanks for that, but......
    After my problems with this I deleted the browser app from homepage (can't uninstall) and downloaded Opera. After your reply and an overnight switch-off, I started up 'Browser and amazingly the address bar is back, BUT, I can't get the blue circular menu to appear. As I just chanced upon it by accident, I don't really know how to access it (guessed it was tap/slide which seemed to work when I couldn't see the address bar) but that doesn't work now!
    How do I access it? or is it only available when the address bar is hidden?
    Another reason why it'd be nice to have some decent instructions on it's use.

4. 1SG31B

1SG31B Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    Decent instructions, ask for the moon :)
    The quick controls are off when the address bar is enabled. I think this is a slight change from 3.0, but I can't remember exactly. I do know the quick controls are offering more features with 3.1, so maybe google decided we did not need to or address bar.
    one more note on the quick controls, if you click on the globe, in the middle, you will get the address bar for the current page/tab.

5. 1SG31B

1SG31B Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    one more thing, to get the quick controls back use the icon on the top right of the address bar (the four horizontal bars) and settings >> labs >> quick controls

6. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    This was interesting to me. I didn't even know about that quick launch thingy. I tried it and I would even consider using it if it would open when I wanted it to. Sometimes I have to press on screen 5 times or more for it to pop up. Unacceptable.....

7. shadowfax49

shadowfax49 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    England
    Thanks all, something else to play with and to have to remember.

8. 1SG31B

1SG31B Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    splat - try and start with your finger just off the visible portion of the screen 1/8 inch and move to ward the browser the wheel should pop up. Once you get the correct finger placement it works consistent. Good Luck.

9. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    Ill give it a shot....Thanks for the tip...

Wow that works.I didnt know if it would cause my cover but that dosnt seem to matter.