1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root lost contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mercermtn, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mercermtn

mercermtn Member

Feb 23, 2012
    retired, from auto industry
    Socal
    I rooted my droid 4, & installed titanium back up. I started to back up and delete unwanted aps. I lost contacts. when I open contacts the names are all there, however when i click on anyone it say's "the application contacts storage (process.com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. i guess i'm a true noob, i now discovered i should freeze not uninstall. I believe the root of the problem was my uninstalling yahoo contacts et.al. I had backed up before removing, titanium back up won't restore although, it just spins, until I reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. mercermtn

mercermtn Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Socal
    With the Rom Myfishbear posted, I was able to restore my contacts, i moved the missing apps/odex over via root explorer, fixed permissions,Viola!!

3. Nashrules

Nashrules New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    I have titanium backup but I've seemed to have mess that up also. I just need to know how to change the rom to fix it then change it back to stock.

Can yopu help me?

4. mercermtn

mercermtn Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Socal
    I'm willing to try, I need a little more information in order to help? Let me know what you have don't have, specifically what help you need and I'll see if I can help

5. rickrabies

rickrabies Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2011
    stuff
    iowa
    this is what i did...

download "GO EX contacts" and that will recover yoru contacts and more and replace the storage contacts force close