1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lost data connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Squash_man, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Squash_man

Squash_man Member

Hi all

Well after owning a desire for over 18 months, I've decided to root and change ROM. I'm not particularly techical, and done loads of reading before going ahead....and I still don't fully understand all the technical side of it all!

So I decided to run dGB by SUroot as I wasn't sure about the partitioning the SD card and will have a go with that another time.

So new ROM is up and running and now have some queries

1. Data connection isn't working. What do I do here? Phone connection is ok though. I'm on o2.

2. I used Mybackup and it hasn't sorted the SMS in the correct date order...is this normal?

I have a few other things, but will try to sort that out and see how I get on.

please accept my appologies if this is already covered, I can't seem to find anything relevant under the search function.

TIA.
    SM

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shauny13

shauny13 Android Expert

you have to input your apn's again for dGb or restore them if you made a backup. Dont know about the sms thing sorry

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

dGB isnt designed to be your first ROM. You really should try something else as its a bit more advanced and stripped down.

4. Squash_man

Squash_man Member

Cheers for the reply guys.

Whoops, I thought I was being clever by saving all the space on the internal memory. It is a nice ROM though, so thanks for creating it.

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Youre not saving space until you flash the custom Hboot after s-off ;)

You can use it (I wont stop you) ;)

Im just weary of people who havent used AOSP before and post millions of "faults" in my threads which are just normal for how aosp roms operate.

6. Squash_man

Squash_man Member

7. rowlers

rowlers Android Enthusiast

Should be other way round;)
    Should have probably tried Teppics rooted stock, a leedroid, etc....
    Until you s-off and change your hboot, running dGB is pretty pointless. It is an awesome ROM tho...
    [he says nursing a hangover :D:D:D]

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews