1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost data!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sx4dude2013, Oct 16, 2011.

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

I have 3g Now.. but no 4g as of yet

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast

I am on the outskirts of Stockton area and ive been experiencing 3g and 4g loss. I figures it was because they were just adding 4g out here. I read that the stockton area was due for a 4g upgrade on Oct. 20th but it seems like they got it up running/testing sooner. Not too worried however since its only temporary.

3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Yay, 4G back in Tucson!

4. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

rebooted my phone.. looks like I have 4g back in Chicago too

5. hurricane630

hurricane630 Well-Known Member

verizon customer service said, "Nationwide 4G device data outage" She said only 4G devices are being affected

6. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

It seems like every time they expand or turn on 4g an outage occurs. I bet it'll happen again after the 20th.

7. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Dude, sorry that you're having issues with data. :( How many bionics have you've been through? Any chance you can return it? I do sometimes have a drop in data but it usually doesn't occur when I'm on 3g. Since you don't have 4g yet are you set to cdma only ? Our I wonder if you can just remove your Sim card all together.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Verizon-data-struggling-through-Sunday-night_id23026

Edit..looks like its not just 4g.

8. droid51378

droid51378 Android Enthusiast

Hernando, MS.
    Been out since around 5pm

9. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Just rebooted and I got 4g in Boston[​IMG]

10. Hola91

Hola91 Member

I have had sporadic data all night in Trenton, New Jersey. But mostly no service.

11. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Member

No data in Atlanta. Goes in and out. Vzw rep said it could be a switch.....or solar flares. They told me my bionic might not be working because of.......solar flares

12. Keene, NH ... 3G is back (4G is not yet in the city).

... Thom

13. thetingster

thetingster Android Enthusiast

Called Verizon. This is a known outage in different parts of the country. This is not your phone.

14. lisadawn

lisadawn Member

I lost it for several hours. there is no 4g where i live but i didnt even have 3g....my daughter sitting next to me on the couch had 3g the whole time with her iphone. This is becoming pretty damn frustating!

15. LrdAnkh

LrdAnkh Well-Known Member

It wasnt a phone issue, I had 3G all day i dont have 4g in my area so I set it to be on cdma only and i had no trouble.

16. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert

Woke up this morning with data restored.....

17. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

I also had no data last night. I am in a 3G only area. Go figure.

18. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

I live in the Chicago suburbs and I lost data around 6 or 7pm and didn't get it back till like 10. I thought it was my phone so I kept rebooting it and pulling the battery, I even took out the sim card. Then finally when I regained data I came on here and saw about the outages.

19. thenew3

thenew3 Android Enthusiast

In Central CA, 3G was restored about 2 hours ago, still no 4G. Outage has been 24 hours now for this area.

20. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

what the hell is everybody talking about data outage just on sunday??????
    I live in south jersey just outside of philly with 4g power all around. I lose 4g/3g/data atleast once a day but mostly 2-3 time a day for the past 3 weeks. frustrating the crap out of me.
    Just when I need my data the most, BAM it doesnt work.:mad:
    FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyday? C'mon
    To help me with this problem I installed this app and it does sometimes saves me from rebooting or pulling out the batter, but not always.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.farproc.data.enabler&feature=search_result

I just want a working phone.

21. Lars

Lars Android Expert

Luckily my wife's Fascinate had perfect 3G data the whole time. Think I'll buy a BB and move to India.

22. rovrhys

rovrhys Member

So since We lost data for a while do you think that if I send a nasty letter to Big Red that they will give me free stuff?

23. Yes ... you shoud send them a message and get free stuff ...

... Santa Clause

24. damule6666

damule6666 Android Enthusiast

Same thing happened on the T-Bolt not long after it came out.. Took a day or so to get it all worked out..

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews