• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I successfully added BT Smarttalk to both my wife's and my 'Young' and everything worked well.

Mine did a software update and since doing so I have not been able to send or receive e-mails. My wife's, which has not had the software update still working OK.

We are both on PAYG with Orange/EE.

Any ideas how I can get BT Smarttalk back please.

Thanks

George.

I tried switching over to Wi Fi Fon and then back to Wi Fi and suddenly I can send e-mails but still not receive.

I'll do as you suggest after I've had a sleep, my brain is getting a bit fuzzy at this time of the morning, and re-install Smarttalk.

So at the moment POP3.mail.btinternet appears to work OK so maybe I'll check the SMTP setting in the morning before reinstallation.

Thanks for your help I'll report back with any findings.

George.

Upvote 0
Try installing it again. If that doesn't work, I suggest calling BT tech support. It's their app, not a Google-supported app, so they'd know what's going on (and maybe extend the registration period if there's a problem due to the update).

Did a re install and everything up and running as it should.

Thank you for you guidance.

George

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones