1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lost email notification & weather update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sleez, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Sleez

Sleez Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Villa Park, IL
    Hello Good People,

I often read the forums as a source of info (thanks!) but this is my first post. I'm looking for some help. I wasn't able to find anything quite like this problem, so forgive me if i overlooked it.

Just over a week ago, my Thunderbolt powered down automatically unknowingly. I hadn't touched it for several hours & just assumed the battery died (which obviously wouldn't be a shock). However, when i plugged up my charger, it didnt recognize the battery. I had to do a battery pull for the phone to restart.

Since then, I havent received any new email notifications. Also, the Sense weather app will find my location but won't update the weather conditions. For both email & weather, if i go into the actual app, it will update, but nothing automatically. Settings have not changed. Running stock apps/unrooted. I know there are other apps out there, but i'd rather have the stock phone work as it should if possible.

Data connection seems ok (4G) but i did shut off 4G & just go to strictly 3G to see if that helped (it didnt). I also restarted & did another battery pull with no luck.

I havent contacted VZW...figured i would get more help & less frustration here. If anyone could give me any help here, i'd appreciate it tons. Thanks again.

Advertisement

2. Sailing_Nut

Sailing_Nut Well-Known Member
    None

May 23, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Maryland
    Sounds to me like "background data" somehow got shut off. THat would explain the not auto-updating and that things update when you go into the applications.

joferder and Sleez like this.
  3. Sleez

Sleez Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Villa Park, IL
    Well, now that I feel like a complete moron...i thought i checked every setting i could think of :(...but the background data did somehow get unchecked. Everything came back (email notification, weather update, market apps notification, etc)...thank you for your help...this was very frustrating to me and you helped resolve my problem!!